“Quiet, very attentive staff”

Best Western Plus Gen X Inn
Ranked #16 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I pulled into this great little in town gem after driving 500 miles. It was clean and quiet. My room was spacious and well appointed. Although the hotel is located in the medical/university area, it is a short trolley ride to downtown and Beale Street. Equally convenient 10 minute drive to graceland. Free breakfast is much appreciated as there are no restaurants walkable....eat before you come.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank lynne B

Reviewed 17 December 2011

Whe I arrived I had a terrible headache and the staff hurried my registration so that I could get to my room and relax. The room was comfortable and I had the best nights sleep I had all week. The morning staff was super friendly. This was a great experience and I will definately go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Deneen C
Reviewed 28 October 2011

This passed my test. I have no idea what 'crack house' the people on here were talking about. But I will say in or outside of any city, you have to take precautions and not leave temptations laying around your car that make people want to smash and grab. The whole parking lot had a huge iron gate around it. The hotel was in the medical area. There was a Holiday Inn Express just behind the hotel, which again tells me the area wasn't so bad. If you've never been to a big city I can relate to hesitations, just be aware of your self and surroundings. We even jumped in the trolly a few blocks down and took it to Beal.
The room hotel and room passed my personal test of white linens. Everything was clean. The staff was real nice and helped us with our hesitations by recomending a cab back if after 11pm. I'm sure if you walk around the hotel with a magnifying glass you'll find something you don't like anywhere you go. Nothing seemed gross, sketchy or dingy. I wish there was some way i could ebb fears from here. I was seriously worried about it after the reviews i read and had already paid on priceline. My husband was REAL worried too. But this hotel is just fine! The free breakfast was decent. I WOULD recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank AdeTae
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at Best Western Gen X because it was close to her daughter's apartment. The hotel was small and unique, and the staff was very pleasant. The standout employee was Linda, who was a very hard worker (in constant motion!), and she was aware of what needed to be taken care of in order for the guests to be well accommodated. Linda is a real asset to Gen X, and we can only hope that management will continue hiring such dedicated, hard-working employees.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We found this online after spending the previous night a few km further out from Beale street. It was a clean, comfortable room and just what we required. It was a bit of a walk to the Trolley line, but we were comfortable walking there during the day. The taxi ride back from Beale street was quick and convenient. We found out a day after we left that we'd misplaced something in our room, and they were so kind as to keep it until we could go back and pick it up. Excellent service, and we will most certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple