“Such A Great Dining Experience; Super Staff”
Review of Friday Tuna

Friday Tuna
Ranked #261 of 1,566 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

When in the mood for sushi, Friday Tuna should be your destination in Cordova, a Memphis suburb. It is conveniently located on Germantown Parkway near Trinity. The restaurant is in a small strip center and is likely considered its anchor tenant. The decor is pleasant, subdued and certainly does not scream at you on entry. It’s always clean and sanitary. The ambiance is quiet and pleasant but could be improved for a more upscale experience, in my opinion. Perhaps that’s not what the owners want, however, despite the quality of the food warranting it. The hibachi grill area is large and the shared dining experience there is fun and entertaining. The non-hibachi dining area has booths and tables. The service has been prompt and friendly each time I have visited. The servers have engaged me in polite conversation but not intrusively so. Most importantly, the sushi is outstanding. My favorite is the Germantown Roll and the more standard California Roll. It is always fresh and to me, the rolls seem larger than served similar restaurants. The baked oysters with spinach and parmesan cheese are great too. The menu offers an array of other items but sushi is always my draw. Overall, my food experience at Friday Tuna has been exceptional, an opinion shared by others as it always seems very busy whenever I visit. I would characterize pricing as high average for local sushi places.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I wanted some good chicken fried rice to go. It only took a few minutes to order and get my food. The food was delicious and very tasty. I had the chicken hibachi with double order of fried rice and vegetables. I substitute the soup and salad for extra rice. It took less than 15 minutes to get this hot meal and head home. I definitely would recommend this place, but look for coupons because they are a little pricey but the quality of food is unbearable.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered the Lunch Combo::
Teriyaki Salmon & Bang Bang Chicken ($10.50).

Red & black tray was attractively presented. Included were a small salad, fried rice, & a mini spring roll.

Interior was done in classy reds with mahogany, dark lighting with covered windows. Blue-lit Bar was beautiful. Gigantic Hibachi Room. Classical music was playing.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I eat lunch here at least once a month. We are never disappointed. We are seated promptly each time we visit. Service is spot on, glass never run dry and the order is always right. We always get the sushi combo off the lunch menu. Great selection of nigiri and regular sushi rolls. It comes with a salad, egg roll and orange slice. They always accommodate substitutions to their combos. We really love this place. If you aren't into sushi, the hibachi chefs are great and really get everyone involved st the table.

1  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Hibatchi grill service was very good and food very good and plenty to eat and a take home plate. Waitress was very good and very nice atmosphere and totally enjoyed food and service will visit again very soon.

Been to Friday Tuna? Share your experiences!