“Lunch after a visit to Graceland”

UNCLE Lou's Fried Chicken
Ranked #6 of 38 Quick Bites in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Decided to try this place after our tour of Graceland. Was on our list because we often visit places featured on Triple D! The food did not disappointed but the over appearance of the place was questionable. It was very dirty and the staff less then friendly. We would have left if it hadn't been for the reviews. I would suggest getting your food to go and eating it at home. Chicken great! Even got some for home.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Having been to Gus's as well as chain fried chicken places, I can honestly say Uncle Lou's has them all beat HANDS DOWN! Not even close! The coating on the chicken is light and spiced well. It's fried to perfection. THEN, put on the 'love sauce' and it gets cranked up another notch. The biscuit is there to sop up any left over sauce and will have you craving more!

Had fried okra which was also very good and cooked perfectly. The only thing I didn't care much for was the cole slaw - for almost $3 for a very small container I expected more. Very similar to what you'd get at KFC. Need to toss that for another recipe.

Add in the hospitality of Uncle Lou and his staff and you've got a lifetime customer! Already looking forward to my next trip to Memphis!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Their chicken will always be one of my favorites!!! We reroute our trips just to make a stop at UNCLE Lou’s! It’s always worth it. A few wings and a side of corn nuggets make the perfect meal! Get extra sauce on your chicken and thank me later.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Wife and I stopped in for the fried chicken.it was very good, not the best i have had but still good. Not a fancy place, but what fried chicken place is? Service was good and friendly.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We were in town for the Liberty Bowl Game and asked local folks about some of THEIR favorite places to have Memphis Bar-b-que. One name kept coming up time after time....Uncle Lou’s! Had to go!
The food was very, very good! I had the mixed chicken with a side-o-okra. The chocked was to die for and the okra-EVEN BETTER! These folks do “down home” like nobody else! Not fancy, not expensive but the “sweet Spicy Love” will hook you like dope! GO NOW!

2  Thank Beavercowboy

Been to UNCLE Lou's Fried Chicken? Share your experiences!