“Too Expensive”
Review of Napa Cafe

Napa Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Napa Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #192 of 1,567 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North of Poplar, between Mendenhall and White Station
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A large group of us ate here for lunch. I had looked online at the menu and prices a few days before so I knew what to expect. Boy, was I surprised when the bill came. We had been given a choice of about 10 items (this may have actually been what was on the regular lunch menu) without any prices listed. I didn't think too much about it at first, until...the bill arrived. We had each been charged the exact same thing. Gratuity had been included and that's to be expected with a group, so no problem here. However, the amount on the bill was at least $7 more than it would have been if I'd ordered from the regular lunch menu, at least according to the online menu I'd looked at just a couple of days before. I paid almost $25 for a chicken salad sandwich and small salad (which I didn't order, but came with the meal anyway). The food was quite good, as was the atmosphere, but certainly not worth this much money. I was planning to come here with my husband for dinner soon, but I'm rethinking it now.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Asked waiter if I could add salmon to an $8 dollar salad. He said I could, so I ordered it. It was a good salad, however I was charged $33.00 (the price for a full salmon dinner). I challenged the waiter on the price and he said he charged the right amount. $22.00 for two fish sticks worth of salmon.! They won’t see me again.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Just visited Napa Cafe in Memphis several days ago for lunch and what a treat. One of my companions had the Ahi Tuna Salad and the other had the Grilled Salmon Salad while I had the crab cakes. All were excellent. Service was excellent in a wonderful atmosphere.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

All my readers know that I tend to see everything with rose-colored glasses and my preference would be positive reviews. However, this time I'm very honest when critiquing this restaurant. I drove a long distance to meet with one of my sons staying at the Double Tree Hotel, and on arrival I spotted this restaurant in the same commercial center. We got ready for dinner and rather than driving away, decided to walk and give it a try. Upon entering the hostess greeted us not with the usual welcoming, but with an attitude of I did not expect you to be here. We were pretty well-dressed but perhaps we did not fit with the regular older-mature patrons, or maybe this is a hang-out for California transplants or neighborhood populaces exclusively. Later on the manager came to say hello to the couple seated next to us, obviously she knew them, had a small chat and asked how the food was. When she left the room, past us, she never acknowledged us in spite of being the only other couple in the room. Be as it may, the food had excellent presentation and flavor but the staff very cold and unwelcoming. Menu is a la carte and the high price that I dropped for 2 entrees (tuna and pork chop) plus 2 glasses of water, could have been better spent on a complete meal in the little sports bar and grill next door, where I'm sure, they would have been glad to see us come dine at their place. Next time we stay at the Double Tree, we will not be back to Napa Cafe as obviously they already have their clientele and are not looking for newcomers.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We visited with a large group for a business dinner. From the name, I was not expecting fine dining. It is certainly not what I would call a cafe. The service was very good and the food was excellent. I had the halibut and it was a quite generous and delicious portion (and I'm not a big fish fan).