“Exactly where you want to be!”

Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street)
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This Hotel really is in the middle of where you want to be to see the best of Memphis. We visited in October 2011 and had arrived by car. We found the Hotel easy to find even though it's in the heart of the City. Underground parking for Guests is available but is charged at about $15 per day, so watch that one.
The Hotel is kind of a `no frills' place but it is adequate, tidy and clean. We found the room rather small, but that wasn't the end of the world. The room was fairly quiet and more than anything else, was in walking distance to the main night life which was great... meant we didn't have to drive or get taxis every evening for a good night out.
The Peabody Hotel is opposite and worth a visit to see the ducks in the lobby! And there are plenty of trams that go all over the city which can be caught quite easily near the Hotel.
Sun Studios and a few other attractions in the City can all be seen on foot or by catching trams. Really easy to get around. The only thing we had to get in the car for was Graceland which is about a 15 - 20 min easy drive and well worth visiting.
The Sports bar/cafe in the Hotel was excellent quality. There are plenty of good eating places nearby aswell. Overall, we had a lovely trip. Good fun.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catweazleatplay
DOSHISDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Select Downtown Memphis.

We are happy to hear you found our hotel adequate for your trip and especially glad you were able to enjoy so much that Downtown Memphis has to offer.

We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to the area.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street)

Reviewed 11 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently for a night out in Memphis. We used Priority Club points for our stay. My wife is a Platinum member, not that hard to get in PC, and as a result we were given free breakfast and I think a room on a high floor.

I will get all the bad things out of the way first. The hotel is dated and in need of a refurb, although the rooms themselves are more modern and up to date. The $12 for parking is reasonable, but the garage is a pain to use. But it's right there and we parked, so I guess that is enough. Our breakfast was free and service was good, but the omelette and bacon were too greasy.

Now for the good. The location was great. It's right across from the Peabody and next to the Rendezvous. You can smell the ribs as soon as you park your car. We went elsewhere for dinner (Flight, and we loved it), but now we want to go back and have ribs. The room was nice, and if not quite as modern as the typical Hilton or Marriott, it was still an up-to-date room. Oh, and when we checked in we were given a bag with a lot of "goodies," that included Stage Planks. I laughed when I saw them and the clerk said she bet it had been a long time since I had seen them. I don't think I've had one in 25 years. Still haven't, but I'll dig into them soon.

Bottom line is that the location is outstanding and I'm willing to overlook a couple of warts for a fine location. Obviously price matters, but if the hotel was competitively price in the future I would be more than glad to return.

The bottom line is we

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Crack-O-Noon
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This Holiday Inn is right next to Rendezvous Restaurant and Beale Street. The parking garage is scary and paying $12 for parking is a bit outrageous in my book. The service elevator is also scary so try to take the stairs if you can. The room was nice but very outdated. It seems like the hotel started doing renovations and then stopped. The bathroom in our room had nice countertops but the toilet and tub looked very old and nasty. There was also hair all over the bathroom on the towels, floor, counter, etc. The bed was comfortable and we did have a nice view of the pool. This hotel is not worth the price they charge for it. I felt like I should have just stayed at a Motel 6 instead.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
DOSHISDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Thank you for commenting on our great location. We are located in the heart of downtown Memphis, just a short walk to everything!

Im disappointed to learn this is the only part of your stay that was enjoyable. All downtown hotels charge for parking and rates during busy times like early March may indeed be higher than other times.

We will be sure to address the bathroom comments with our houskeeping staff as dirty rooms are unacceptable! Thank you for sharing with us as this is the only way we can improve.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Very impressed with the friendliest of the staff. I was late to the FedEx Forum due to an error on our tour Asst not sending a runner and the sweetest lady at the bell captain stand(I forgot your name) ran me right over down the tunnel. Thank you. My room was wonderful. My only complaint was no one answered the room service #. I finally gave up and ordered from one of the many restaurants in the area and ran and picked it up.
I will by all means stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank lacleveland

HI there and thank you for your comments, especially the one about our Bell Staff helping you get to your destination. Treena is a joy to be around and always looking to make our guest's stay more enjoyable.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our room service. Answering the phone is unacceptable and we will be sure to address this with the staff there. Afterall, you were not able to sample the delicious meals we have to offer, but go elsewhere for you food. We are here to make sure your stay is enjoyable in ALL areas of the hotel.

Please come back to see us again and give our restaurant/room service another try.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is our 2nd or 3rd year to stay at this property during the Mid-South Gin show. I knew exactly what to expect from the room (average at best) but the staff and location are wonderful. Right across the street from the Peabody and only a short walk from the convention hall and Beale Street, this is one of the best locations for the money. The staff is top notch!! Elisa at the front desk is so friendly and willing to help in any way! Will probably book again for next year!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel.

We are thrilled to be a part of the Gin Show each and every year and more thrilled to have you as a repeat guest! Im so glad to hear you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Elisa; we are so glad she joined our staff a few months ago.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in 2013!