Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street)
Madison Hotel(Memphis)
USD 268*
Agoda.com
USD 92*
1,147 results
All reviewspeabody hotelgreat locationbeale streetvalet parkingsun studiosdirectly across the streettwo blocksribswithin walking distancecorner roompeabody ducksvalet staffcivil rights museumother attractionsautozone parkper daysoul museum
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Very impressed with the friendliest of the staff. I was late to the FedEx Forum due to an error on our tour Asst not sending a runner and the sweetest lady at the bell captain stand(I forgot your name) ran me right over down the tunnel. Thank you. My room was wonderful. My only complaint was no one answered the room service #. I finally gave up and ordered from one of the many restaurants in the area and ran and picked it up.
I will by all means stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank lacleveland
DOSHISDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

HI there and thank you for your comments, especially the one about our Bell Staff helping you get to your destination. Treena is a joy to be around and always looking to make our guest's stay more enjoyable.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our room service. Answering the phone is unacceptable and we will be sure to address this with the staff there. Afterall, you were not able to sample the delicious meals we have to offer, but go elsewhere for you food. We are here to make sure your stay is enjoyable in ALL areas of the hotel.

Please come back to see us again and give our restaurant/room service another try.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is our 2nd or 3rd year to stay at this property during the Mid-South Gin show. I knew exactly what to expect from the room (average at best) but the staff and location are wonderful. Right across the street from the Peabody and only a short walk from the convention hall and Beale Street, this is one of the best locations for the money. The staff is top notch!! Elisa at the front desk is so friendly and willing to help in any way! Will probably book again for next year!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel.

We are thrilled to be a part of the Gin Show each and every year and more thrilled to have you as a repeat guest! Im so glad to hear you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Elisa; we are so glad she joined our staff a few months ago.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in 2013!

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Excellent location, great food. Very helpful staff especially the manager.
Room was very clean and comfortable.
Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DHD5705

Thank you for your recent comments.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here with my wife 16 to 18 Feb 2012. Great location just round the corner from Beale Street.I couldnt fault the hotel. We didnt eat there but every bar in Beale Street serves food. If you want a great steak ask for the Butchers Shop. 2H ueys2 just opposite good for burgers etc. This area is all about music and drinking. Have a good time.

Room Tip: Always check aircon is working properly before you inpack and settle in.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SkegnessBiggerry
DOSHISDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for your comments.

We are so glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our location is the best and both Huey's and The Butcher Shop are two of the finest restaurants in the downtown area. Too bad you werent able to visit the Russwood Park Sports Bar and Grill inside the Holiday Inn; they serve great burgers too. I especially like your room tip: It is a great idea to check things out before you unpack as we are happy to move your room if it doesnt meet your expectations.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Memphis.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

At first I thought the hotel would be so much more than it was. The lobby is sleek and the service helpful. The location was excellent; right next to Beale Street. But the rooms were a bit dirty with stains on the carpet and the bathroom had some mildew. The walls were paper thin and a bunch of kids were running up and down the halls; I had to call security twice to get them to shut up. The beds were comfy but in the morning I had to fight for the free breakfest that came with my package. The elevators were weird and creaky. Overall I wouldn't reccomend this hotel and I think it needs the renovation that the rest of the chain got.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank travelingbadger17
DOSHISDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you for your comments.

Im sorry to hear we did not live up to your expectations. We do offer a great location and are glad you were able to enjoy that part of your stay.

Our property is a bit older than some, but we maintain a high level of cleanliness and overall guest satisfaction.

We do hope you will change your mind and recommend our hotel to others.