All reviewsworld headquarterssoccer tournamentmemphis areanice hotelcomplimentary breakfastclean towelsfresh fruitoatmealfront desk staffbusiness tripeasy accesswould stay againenjoyed my staygreat place to stayinnsmaintenancemicrowave
Reviewed 9 July 2016

We were disappointed with this location. Wen we checked in I asked the front desk lady if they had any carts. She said go look in the back by the elevator. What a dumb place to keep the carts. And a guest should not be told to go look for a cart to put luggage on. Very bad first impression. We've stayed at many HI locations that were much nicer and much cleaner. The room was small but, clean. However, the hallways were filthy for the 3 days we were there. The breakfast was all right but, they use paper plates and plastic utensils and the food just did not seem like a very high quality we've come to expect. The whole place just seemed tired, old and in need of remodeling. Not like the Hamptons we are used to staying in.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
HiltonsofSouthwind, Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis - Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

We have received your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. We certainly apologize you did not find our hotel up to your standards.

If you would like to speak to one of our managers, we will be glad to have one available for you. We can be contacted at MEMSW@hilton.com.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

Our room was clean. We stayed for 5 days and were able to get clean towels and our room cleaned each day. There was breakfast everyday. Coffee/Tea was available all day as well as a USA Today paper. The hotel is also close to restaurants like Olive Garden and Red Lobster.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your feedback concerning your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the time you took to send us your comments.

Please visit us again when you are in our area.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Your facility should upgrade the bathroom doors, the sliding doors are a hazard waiting to happen. If you have small kids they cannot slide the doors, and I couldn't almost move it myself. The eggs served were poor quality, several people in my family had bad tummy aches. Other than this the Hotel is good.. nothing more to say at this time.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis - Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you for your comments. I will certainly pass along your concerns. Safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

The Hampton Inn Southwind is newly renovated. Rooms are spacious. The staff is friendly and professional. I stayed at this hotel on a Thursday night as I was passing though on a long drive. I was actually planning on staying at a downtown Memphis full service hotel. Unfortunately there was a problem with my reservation at the full service hotel that their staff did not care to resolve. I booked this Hampton Inn about 30 minutes before I arrived. My room was ready and the staff did what they could to cater the experience to my needs. I will stay here again and recommend this hotel to family, friends, and coworkers.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. We are very happy to know your enjoyed your experience.

We look forward to serving you again. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

This was the least nice Hampton we have stayed at. The hotel has a run down look to the premises, one of the elevators was broken, and the location around the hotel is kind of seedy. Usually the Hampton inns are in a decent neighborhood and look well kept, but this one will make me rethink staying at another one next time.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback.