King Jerry Lawler's Hall of Fame Bar & Grille
Ranked #186 of 1,549 Restaurants in Memphis
Description: Jerry Lawler became the King of Memphis Wrestling years ago. Now he looks to claim his title as the King of Beale. Great food, drinks, live music & atmosphere!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came for the name and mistakenly ate the food on purpose!
Its bbq place how bout some bbq sauce on table?
I had chicken tenders thought it was safe but damn the grease after taste was so bad we went down street for drinks.
Tables werent being cleaned! Tables not waited on and if i seen the kitchen before i ate I WOULD NEVER had ordered water!!
I gave two stars for name and memorabilia.
Food and service deserves zero stars!
Highly disappointed!

1  Thank Scott M

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our first stop on Beale Street to visit this legendary bar. We enjoyed our drinks and listened to the excellent Chris Gales playing tunes for the folks.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The food is out of this world!! Chicken strips were fantastic, not sure how you can make them different than everyone else but they did!! And the sample plate, mu husband LOVED it!! Some of the best bbq we've ever tasted!! The ribs were amazing!! Came here because my husband is a huge wrestling fan and he wasn't disappointed. He has been a Lawler fan for so long and this was such a treat. So we liked the decor a lot. We aren't used to being on Beale Street and on a saturday night (St Pat's Day) so were a bit surprised at a cover charge to eat dinner. Our guy server was ok, a bit distracted or too cool?? (It wasn't that crowded yet) Didn't write anything down. Had to come back and ask husband how he wanted something. FORGOT to order my drink. When meal was served I had to mention it. He came back again and I had to ask for it again, this time changing it to a different one. (that proved he hadn't even ordered it yet) They could probably have gotten at least 2 drinks out of me if I had got the first drink quickly. He Both restrooms were hideous!! I know it was a holiday but the parade had been many MANY hours before. The band was pretty good, we stayed for about 5 songs. A bit country for my husbands taste so we left. One bit of enjoyment, my husband is always being mistaken for a professional wrestler, when he got up to use the restroom all eyes were on him, we chuckled of course. With the ad in the paper saying Lawler sometimes visits and so do wrestlers many thought they might have a sighting. One couple with a camera were talking/whispering and pointing at him, I wouldn't doubt if some pics weren't taken LOL Had a good time and will return hope bathrooms are clean and server is better (one of the others ones, a gal, seemed on the ball)

Reviewed 21 March 2018

What does a bluesman from Pennsylvania do when he finds himself on Beal Street for the first time overwhelmed by the selections of places to eat? He follows his gut and opens his ears. That's what I did. And I found myself standing outside of King Jerry Lawler's Hall of Fame Bar & Grille. What convinced me to go in was hearing the live music being played on stage by an incredible Memphis bluesman named Eric Hughes. His tunes drew me in like a magnet making my decision as to where I would eat simple. I had fantastic barbecue, unbelievable drinks and had the pleasure to listen to and meet Eric Hughes. My thanks to Eric and Jerry Lawler's for making my first (and hopefully not last) trip to Beal Street everything I hoped it would be.

2  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this by chance. It’s pretty cool (especially as a wrestling fan growing up). Good selection of WWF memorabilia and a decent selection of beers. We enjoyed a couple hours of acoustic music. Check it out!