All reviews chalet style basic room after reading some of the reviews free wifi tea and coffee shower gel early ferry bed was comfortable warm welcome port patrick karaoke locals motorcycle key stopover
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We booked to stay one night on our way to Ireland ,when we arrived we were informed there was no food available as the owner was off sick as we had pre booked we do not yet know what we were charged The lady who greeted was very nice and did her best to make us welcome,but maybe some body could have informed us their would be no Breakfast .
J&k

Room Tip: Look. Else where
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jim r
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of bikers & were in the annex rooms over looking the car park which was handy for the safety of the bikes.
The rooms are clean, tidy & pleasant. Only gripe I can say was the TV didn't work, but think that was due to batteries in remote dead, not a big deal as didn't go there to watch TV. The walls were a bit on the thin side so could hear other guests.
The girl who cooked us breakfast was a star as she was running the bar the night before & it didn't close till gone 1am & she was up at 8am to cook the breakfast for us.
Would I say again, YES
Would I recommend it, YES

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Budget stay but very clean room good offroad parking we travelled by motorcycle and I felt safe leaving the bikes. Our accommodation was an annexe to the rear of the main building which provided a quiet and detached area from the bustle of the small public bar at the front. Very clean bedding, all nice and fresh, tea and coffee and a clean bathroom, basic but spot on for our nights stay and 2 minutes from town centre.
Breakfast was included and pretty standard. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The annexe at the rear, all rooms the same
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lawmand
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

I had a one night stop here on way to Ireland. I booked this inn as was cheapest I could find on the Internet. As such, I was not expecting much at all. So I arrived with some trepidation, and was very very pleasantly surprised.
What's good: The room was large, bright, clean, ensuite, with kettle / mugs / tea / coffee / biccies, fresh towels / dedicated parking space / free wifi / and quiet while I was there.
What's not: paper thin walls and dated decor (but for price I care not at all about decor!)
I had to leave early before breakfast, so can't comment on the food.
Really excellent value for money and I would not hesitate to stop here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Very disapointed in the thistle hotel nobody there to let us in for 20 mins was put into a chalet by a young girl told to stay there until she found out was ok never returned chalet was cold went for bfast to meet a few other couples siting outside as door was locked so had no bfast disappointed with service and staff that was on in lounge was very ignorant when my partner asked if he could watch footie and was told no even though place was empty.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family