USD 102
USD 121
USD 105
Ark House Inn(Stranraer)
TripAdvisor
All reviewschalet stylebasic roomafter reading some of the reviewsfree wifitea and coffeeshower gelearly ferrywarm welcomeport patrickkaraokelocalsmotorcyclekey
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of bikers & were in the annex rooms over looking the car park which was handy for the safety of the bikes.
The rooms are clean, tidy & pleasant. Only gripe I can say was the TV didn't work, but think that was due to batteries in remote dead, not a big deal as didn't go there to watch TV. The walls were a bit on the thin side so could hear other guests.
The girl who cooked us breakfast was a star as she was running the bar the night before & it didn't close till gone 1am & she was up at 8am to cook the breakfast for us.
Would I say again, YES
Would I recommend it, YES

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Budget stay but very clean room good offroad parking we travelled by motorcycle and I felt safe leaving the bikes. Our accommodation was an annexe to the rear of the main building which provided a quiet and detached area from the bustle of the small public bar at the front. Very clean bedding, all nice and fresh, tea and coffee and a clean bathroom, basic but spot on for our nights stay and 2 minutes from town centre.
Breakfast was included and pretty standard. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The annexe at the rear, all rooms the same
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lawmand
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

I had a one night stop here on way to Ireland. I booked this inn as was cheapest I could find on the Internet. As such, I was not expecting much at all. So I arrived with some trepidation, and was very very pleasantly surprised.
What's good: The room was large, bright, clean, ensuite, with kettle / mugs / tea / coffee / biccies, fresh towels / dedicated parking space / free wifi / and quiet while I was there.
What's not: paper thin walls and dated decor (but for price I care not at all about decor!)
I had to leave early before breakfast, so can't comment on the food.
Really excellent value for money and I would not hesitate to stop here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Very disapointed in the thistle hotel nobody there to let us in for 20 mins was put into a chalet by a young girl told to stay there until she found out was ok never returned chalet was cold went for bfast to meet a few other couples siting outside as door was locked so had no bfast disappointed with service and staff that was on in lounge was very ignorant when my partner asked if he could watch footie and was told no even though place was empty.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2016

a tale of 2 days .Saturday warm welcome given a family room 3 adults sharing on a main road with reasonably busy traffic and late on in the night the nightmare begins plenty of noise from the bar opposite but even more noise until 0130am from the thistle inn bar with loud thudding music until 0130am then ignorant noisy guests that were apparently relatives of the owner having full on conversations in the accommodation until gone 0330am .Sunday breakfast good with all you would expect and good service .Monday breakfast poorly cooked with half empty plates bad service from a young girl whose favourite saying was I don't know The family rooms were apparently more expensive than the bungalows . however the family rooms had no en suite the bungalows did the bungalows were round the back away from the noise and the family rooms came with plenty of noise

Room Tip: go to another Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends