Meldrum House Country Hotel & Golf Course
USD 121*
Thainstone House(Inverurie)(Great Value!)
USD 94*
USD 88*
Macdonald Pittodrie House(Chapel of Garioch)
USD 162*
USD 124*
USD 119*
Travelocity
The Redgarth(Oldmeldrum)
All reviewsthe main housenew extensionfirst classhighland cattledrawing roomthe cave barafternoon teastable blocksmall touchesfudgehigh standardwedding receptionbeautiful hotelfamily weddinggolf clubscottish hospitalitylovely surroundings
FilterAll languages
Aberdeen
Reviewed 9 July 2006

I decided to treat my boyfriend to a weekend at this hotel as he loves golf and it has a course nearby. The hotel looked nice when we arrived but there was no one at reception and we were left for 20 minutes untill someone arrived. We were then told that we would have to wait for a room as the cleaner had not been in and the owners daughters and friends were cleaning the rooms, as there was a wedding the previous night and everyone had checked out at the same time and close to lunchtime. Two hours later we were shown to our room which was nicely decorated, but the heating was not working so it was very cold. We did not notice this untill the evening and the night porter did supply us with a fan heater, albeit a noisy one.
We ate at the restaurant the following evening and the food was very good, but extortionately priced for what it was. There was also a long wait in between courses. People at a nearby table seemed to be getting better service than we were and we later found out that was because they were planning to have a wedding there next year.

I doubt i will return to this hotel. It could be really nice if it were taken over by a large company with experience of running this type of establishment, as the current operators seem a bit un preapared for every day occurences.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 May 2006

Excellent food , good service , excellent secluded surroundings. Old country house/golf club.

Old world style ..includes free ghost !

Well worth a visit

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank microlight10
Edinburgh
Reviewed 22 March 2006

When I booked this hotel for a business trip in Aberdeen I thought it looked like a nice relaxing place to stay. How wrong I was, I spent most of my time chasing up the staff to get my room cleaned, and although I had three evening meals in the restaurant, I would only describe one as being of a reasonable quality. The breakfasts were ok but small portions. Alot of time was spent waiting either for room service, drinks, housekeeping and even checking out took an age. Luckily my taxi driver had charged a fixed fee and was not on a meter.
There is a lovely golf course attached to the hotel but even this would not tempt me to return.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pitmedden
Reviewed 5 February 2006

This was our first time visit to Meldrum House Hotel and the meal was beautiful. The staff were efficient and very friendly. I give this a 5 star rating and will definitely be back for a visit.

I agree with the managers previous review regarding mistaken identidy as I too have visited Oldmeldrum Arms and the staff were unfriendly and the service atrocious!!

Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Aberdeen
Reviewed 8 December 2005

I agree with the last review. The service was very poor. I think that all the staff are part time with little experience of running a hotel. my room was also left unserviced, however I left after 2 days to the nearby Meldrum Arms Hotel which was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled on business