“Best coffee in the highlands!”
Review of The Bothy

The Bothy
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Braemar
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Coffee shop serving breakfast, lunch, coffees, teas and wine and beers.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The staff are extremely welcoming and friendly and the coffee and cakes are absolutely superb! Me and my friend work around the corner from the bothy and come daily for our coffees and refreshments! It has a feel good relaxing factor and is very warm for those cold days in the hills! We will keep coming here for sure.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely soup. Great cakes. Really quick and friendly service. Lovely spacious cafe and nice atmosphere. Hope to be back again!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

A small and welcoming wooden clad cafe with the welcome addition of a log burner. We came last year just for coffees and did the same this year. Looking forward to a summer visit when we can take advantage of the outdoor eating area. So wanted to sit in the large panoramic window this year or next to the log burner but sadly not as it is a busy little place. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Well we’re do I start, we arrived and went up to the counter to order, we’re I were met by an abrupt lady with glasses and purple hair, I were being served by a young lad who was lovely, I asked if I could have two scones with ham & clotted cream, she answered for the young lad and said no we do t have it in an abrupt manor, the young lad said I can whip you some cream up if you like, she said no u won’t, just tell him we do t have any, i then said forget it then, we will go elsewhere, not a very nice lady at all and made me and the young lad feel very uncomfortable, all she had to say was we will mix you some and and bring it to your table in 5 or ten minutes but no she lost a customer of 5 people, I would never ever go back, learn some costumer service skills

Braemarbothy, Manager at The Bothy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks for your review. I am very sorry you felt you were treated in an abrupt manner. I have checked with the member of staff working and she is very apologetic it came across that way - it certainly wasn’t meant. I have also checked with the male member of staff and he certainly didn’t feel very uncomfortable - he realised how hectic The Bothy was at that point. Unfortunately when you were in there was a queue to the door and all kitchen staff were very busy with orders which is why it would have been difficult to leave the front to whip some cream. We pride ourselves on our friendly customer service - this is reflected in our TripAdvisor reviews. If you would like to come back and give us another chance you would be most welcome to have scones and cream on the house!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stopped here twice for snacks recently, both of us enjoyed the soups. Cakes delicious. Coffee good. Everything we had was well priced, and the service was friendly too. Would highly recommend this place and will be back ourselves if we are in the area again.