“Birthday meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the Fairway for a birthday meal for 6. Service was excellent and staff very friendly. Food was cooked to high standard and we all thoroughly enjoyed our food. After meal we retired to the bar area for a coffee and further drinks.
Place is nice and food great with reasonable prices for a nice meal with no hassles. Recommend this place. Better to book in advance as the place is a busy restaurant.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Myself and four other chaps attended for a meal at 6pm on Saturday the 17th of March. The staff were friendly but the seating was outside the ladies toilet and we booked weeks earlier. The starter was wrong, mushrooms instead of mussels, the lager was off and the drinks order was messed up too. Don`t think that I would return even though the food was good my well done steak was over done, to the point of tasting burnt.

3  Thank Patrickthomasmercede
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Watched the rugby in the bar before sitting down in the restaurant for a superb meal. Steaks were spot on and great value for money and service was super friendly and efficient. Nice bottle of wine with the meal a well. Extremely impressed!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

It's been a few years since we last ate at the Fairway but from our recent experience we should have been going there more often. We recently had Sunday Lunch along with our daughter and her partner. While we had not made a prior reservation there was no problem in being immediately seated at a table.

My wife had mussels marinere and french fries, our daughter had the homemade steak pie, her partner had an American style chicken dish in a barbeque sauce while I had the supreme of chicken applewood (Chicken stuffed with applewood smoked cheddar, wrapped in a slice of bacon and covered in a creamy apple sauce.

The service was very good and we all enjoyed our meals. A couple of observations however. The menu described several of the dishes coming with French Fries which I really don't care for so I took boiled potatoes instead. I was a bit disappointed however to see that the 'Fries' were actually proper chips rather than the 'Skinny Fries' that I thought would be served. Next time I'll have to remember and ask what the chips are like before placing my order. If there was anything wrong with our meals it was the overcooked vegetables. The kitchen needs to do a bit better in this respect.

1  Thank Brucestewart
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Not been here for years. Took no Mum and Inlaw for Mother’s Day. Menu is so nice and the food was fabulous. Will definitely be back.