“Well thought out re-boot of tired but much loved local pub”
Review of The Grapes Bistro

The Grapes Bistro
Price range: USD 3 - USD 18
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A fantastic, family-friendly, dog-friendly pub. Reasonably priced with lots of character! Friendly locals and great customer service!
Reviewed 17 May 2018

This is a great looking local pub and its good to see that it's been busy since it reopened. The layout and decor are a huge improvement and deserve to be seen.

It is a pub serving pub food rather than a bistro or restaurant and we had a good feed there the other night at a pretty reasonable price.

Staff are plentiful and helpful.

2  Thank CraigMcG-DeniseD

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Just reopened as the village pub and was keen to go back to a place where we had lived many years ago. The decor was lovely and I was impressed with the changes however the meal was a let down. The food is reasonable priced so I suppose you get what you pay for. My burger was very dry and rather black on the outside. The Gamon steak looked as if it had lay under heat lamps for a wee while and also dry. The nacho starter was crammed into a deep bowl and a bit of a disaster to eat as it was well stuck together. But the steak pie was really nice. Hope they get their food sorted as I it's a lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Popped in here for a birthday lunch with my wife. It was early Sunday afternoon, but there was still a nice ambience in the bar. The menu was quite extensive and reasonably priced. I picked the burger and salad, while my wife chose the macaroni and cheese dish. There wasn't a morsel left on my plate and just a few crumbs on my wife's. Both meals were tasty and decent-sized portions. With two glasses of wine, a diet coke and two Cappuccinos to supplement our meal, we were pleasantly surprised to get change back from £25. We will definitely be back, and I'm sure we won't be waiting until my wife's next birthday . . .

1  Thank westlothianman
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Went for a meal with my Mum and husband. We went early evening to ensure we got a table as it can get busy on a Saturday. The place had been busy during the day so unfortunately there was no fish or steak pie available.

Mum had the soup and hubby and I had the mushrooms. Mum enjoyed the soup and our starter was faultless.

Mum had the scampi and we had the Mexican sausage pasta bake from the specials board. The scampi was good and our pasta bake was gorgeous, though there was too much!

The service was good with attentive staff. The place itself is a typical village pub though I hear it is due for refurbishment. Overall we had an enjoyable meal and will be back probably the next time we visit my Mum.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

We was visiting a friend and went in for a drink and a bite to eat.

Good friendly staff. Menu was ok.
Food nice and very reasonably priced. Nice looking place from outside which is over 100 years old.