Duisdale House Hotel
USD 219
USD 213
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 240/night.

Hotels.com
All reviewshot tubfour postergarden suitechart roomisle of skyeposter bedthe fine dining menubeautiful hotelthird floorsister hotelcould not have been more helpfulfairy poolsevery member of staffdining roombefore dinnerlounge areabar menu
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Hi my husband I spent a few days at this hotel last week. The setting is lovely, we had a double room overlooking the sea which was nice but I was dissapointed with the size of the room. We couldn't open the windows when it was warm and when it was cold we couldn't put the heating on even though the radiator had a temp gauge ! The telephone didn't work so we reported this. Someone came to look at it but said it was the wires. No one repaired it. For a 4 star hotel I would have expected more. At breakfast there were young staff who weren't fluent in English and didn't understand what we're asking for! Only marmalade on the table no jam on offer and definitely not enough butter! The toiletries in our room were not replenished after being used. It was quite expensive to stay here and I expected a lot more than I got ! I think next time I will try Kinloch Lodge. The beds were hard and needed thicker mattresses.!!

Room Tip: Select a sea view room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed for 2 nights the staff were extremely helpful, amazing views from rooms,great selections of wines, close to main land and castles we would recommend this hotel,only fault is the hotel only offers fine dining.However the food was excellent however quite expensive.

Room Tip: top floors have best views
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fwbk
Duisdale_Manager, Manager at Duisdale House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you for your lovely review and are glad you enjoyed your time with us and on Skye and that you had a safe journey all the way back home to Melbourne. We run two menus at Duisdale. The Fine Dining and the Bistro in the Cart Room, both using the freshest local ingredients and cooked to order. As the Chart Room has only five tables it is always better to reserve a time as it fills up quickly with residents and with visitors from the yachts calling at the hotel moorings for dinner.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Upon arrival we were upgraded and the room was really nice. Staff were friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. We ate at the hotel one night and the food was excellent! Great small patio area with stunning views. Would defiantly recommend a stay here if visiting Skye!

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Stuart T

Thank you for your lovely review. We enjoyed your company also.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed here the night that my fiance proposed and this hotel was a truly memorable experience! From the moment we arrived, the staff were lovely. The hotel is modern and stylish, with beautiful tasteful interiors that match the old style stone house and it's gorgeous winding banisters. On entering our room, I saw an amazing four poster bed! And there was a congratulatory rose on the pillow that my partner had been able to arrange with the hotel. I needed to use the phone which was dead, so the staff kindly let me use the hotel one - very accommodating!

The bathroom had a heated towel rack and robe and was really modern with a shower and bath, lovely. The whole room was very modern with novelty of the fabulous wooden four-poster bed. The TV was quite small and old though, but that's OK - we didn't watch it! the We noticed that the room's central heating came on in bursts, so as we were really cold (it was snowing outside!) the hotel kindly put it back on for us. Would have been better if the heaters wee controllable by the guests though).

We had dinner and breakfast here and it was all outstanding. My partner said that dinner was the best meal he ever had! We had a section of canapes while having a drink in the beautiful lounge, the ushered into the dining room for a delicious amuse-bouche soup, and my main was Roast Loin of Highland Venison, Fondant Potato, Pickled Red Cabbage, Garlic Puree, Thyme Sauce. My finace had Roast Fillet of Scotch Beef, Garlic Mash, Roasted Shallots, Salsafi, Carrots and Port Jus. Divine! Breakfast the next morning was lovely. Small (my partner got a solitary poached egg) but delicious.

All in all, an absolutely stunningly beautiful property, very friendly helpful staff, gorgeous restaurant and beautiful grounds. A delight!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loulo00

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to write about us. It was a pleasure to be part of your memories of Scotland

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We took my mother-in-law for a weekend on the west coast of Scotland and chose the Duisdale Hotel in Skye, largely because of the boat trip but I had also stayed at their sister Hotel, the Toravaig, a few years ago and loved it. The Duisdale exceeded our expectations (which were quite high!) by miles. We booked DB&B for 2 nights and went on the sailing trip on the 2nd day. The welcome was a perfect blend of personal, professional, chatty and friendly, David even greeting us by name before we had introduced ourselves so he must have done his homework. We were shown to our rooms, mother-in-law's cases were carried up the stairs, everything was explained to us and we felt at home. Downstairs in the lounge the perfect service continued; Ann, the owner, came in all smiles to say hello and welcome, we drank champagne by the fire and ate dinner in the conservatory area of the dining room looking out over the gardens to the sea. The next day, after a great sleep and breakfast (no buffet breakfast, all personally served......what a treat!) we set out with Ken & Ann on their yacht, a 46' Janneau - what a beauty. We chose to sail to Eigg through various bits of weather including sunshine (!) and were out on the water all day, lunch included, and many hours spent steering the boat under Ken's tutelage - who made us feel very safe & secure.
More dinner, more wine, more fantastic service, an even better sleep after all that fresh air, another delicious breakfast and then home. It's hard to pin down perfection, but this was it; we shall return!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Duisdale_Manager, Owner at Duisdale House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write, it was such a pleasure having your company in the hotel and aboard on your trip to Skye. A delightful experience for us also.