Kings Arms Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Lochalsh Hotel(Kyle of Lochalsh)
  • Restaurant
Kyle Hotel(Kyle of Lochalsh)
  • Breakfast included
Balmacara Hotel(Balmacara)
Plockton Inn(Plockton)
Plockton Hotel(Plockton)
Dunollie Hotel(Broadford)
  • Breakfast included
Broadford Hotel(Broadford)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I was traveling in a group and they warned us about this hotel. But, they said it was the best they could do considering we had a group and wanted us to see the isle of Skye. Well Skye was beautiful, but this hotel is not a hotel, It goes back to the 1600 and never was updated. Still the same. The only air conditioning is to open the window, but I could not as one handle was missing, the 13 inch TV said use the remote, but no remote. Light did not work and Bath was just a shower and when I tried to take a shower, it was only ice cold water no option for warm or hot. Thank goodness I could not take a shower, as I would have to walk in get the front wet, step out soap up and step back in and then repeat for my backside. Toilet required three flushes to clear waste. Bathroom had no window and the vent did not work. I will never become a criminal as living in 6' x 8' is not my kind of a vacation. No room to open my suitcase as the bed and the small 3 draw bed stand was what they used for a TV stand took up the entire room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Steven D
Reviewed 10 September 2011

This hotel looks quaint from the outside but extends into a modern wing. My room was extremely reasonable in price so I shouldn't complain but it was very basic, small with what resembled a cupboard as an ensuite. The public areas are tired and rather tatty. The most inspiring area is the fireplace in the main reception/entrance. When I asked to book a table for dinner I was advised that there were to be two coach parties for two separate sittings and it might be in my better interests to book a time outside of these arrivals in case service was slow. It turned out not too bad. The meal choice was limited and quality was average. But it was not expensive so inkeeping with this hotel. I stayed two nights (to allow me a full day to drive around the Isle) and on the second evening a further two coach parties descended. The dining room was therefore too noisy.

Kyleakin is located on the Isle of Skye side of the Skye Bridge and is a better choice to stay overnight than the Kyle of Lochalsh (of no interest), on the other side of the channel. Kyleakin is quiet with apparantly no shops. Being the Isle of Skye, there are understandably many foreign visitors and coach tour parties. Apart from the Cuillin Hillls and some impressive coastal areas and offshore islands, Skye does not compare with other parts of Scotland's west coast in my opinion.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank dipex
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed here with a tour group, so not sure of the cost and therefore whether this was value for money. However, it was comfortable enough. No shower (just a plastic attachment on request to use in the bath) - this was an experience - but that's what holidays are about! It was clean and comfortable, the staff were friendly and the food was good. We loved Kyleakin and Skye and there are no 'modern' hotels, so we had no real complaint. These are the sort of hotels that you remember after a trip because they are unique. This hotel is right on the waterfront so lovely for an early morning walk.

Room Tip: Front facing and upstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank franrich08
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Not untypical of west highland hotels in that it closes all winter so major investment is impossible. And that is probably what it could do with. But food was good and staff were pleasant. The dining room was OK but the main lounge bar could best be described as soulless. Rooms were functional and clean. Not a top class luxury hotel, but perfectly satisfactory, and with a bit of well-directed TLC could do a lot better.

Room Tip: most rooms are in an extension so are probably identical. There may be some different ones in the original building.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank settlers
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Firstly let me state we did not stay here; we stopped for lunch and walked into something from the 60s; the staff were polite and that is the onle plus. The decor is awful, the corridors to the toilets smelt of damp and something else. We decided to order tea, coffee and were offered scones. On arrival we were informed the scones were very hot; the reason being that they were stale and had been placed in the microwave - yes, they must have a microwave; the tea and coffee were undrinkable and we left.

We did fall about laughing outside but both remarked that it must be an awful place to stay and should be demolished. A total embarassment to the tourist industry in Scotland.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business