All reviews honesty bar isle of skye mushrooms on toast dining room is stayed here for two nights breakfast was excellent full scottish breakfast tartan bridge ears kyle
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

I felt the hotel as a whole was very rundown. It did not feel like a country house hotel at all. Staff seemed very disinterested, like they couldn't really be bothered being there. The wifi code didn't work for us. Also my friend went down to ask for a bottle opener - the lady was really unimpressed and kind of grunted as she got up to get it. Breakfast took a long time in the morning too. Wont be recommending this place to anyone.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2015

We visited there on my motorbike with the wife -- great journey -- stunning location just over the skye bridge
room was on the expensive side - but was big and clean - good decor -- a bit musty smelling
breakfast was outstanding -- full Scottish
short walk to the small town with some small shops and bars etc.
full recommend the indian restaurant a short walk up the hill - outstanding
plenty of parking spaces - and nice grounds around the building

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek063
Reviewed 10 November 2015

As I only stopped one night and arrived late this is a limited review. Situated just over the Isle of Skye bridge I arrived about 2030. Unfortunately the hotel was not doing food which was a bit of a disappointment. The bar was an honesty bar which I did not get to sample as I went out for food. My room was quite comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. My room had a whirlpool bath which Would have loved to have sampled but had to settle for a shower due to time constraints. Breakfast and service was was good and form my brief view of the hotel it looked very comfortable. I would welcome a longer stay next time I am in the area

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed here with two friends over the weekend. The room was okay, a little bit damp but fine. The service was okay. We went for a walk on Saturday for the whole day and were looking forward to our hot showers. There was no hot water again (there wasn't any the first night we stayed also). I then went down and told the waiter again that there was no hot water, he went to a room to speak to his boss, after 2 minutes he came out and said 'I'm sorry I'm afraid it's a first come first serve basis, the hotel is full so...'. Probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard. I really am not a fussy person but I do expect hot running water. We didn't have hot water the whole weekend and so were happy to get home! I wouldn't stay here again!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca F
Reviewed 30 October 2015

We had a 6:30 dinner reservation, arrived and had a glass of wine in front of the fireplace where we ordered our starter of deep fried brie (great) and a small salad. When it was ready we were escorted into the dining room that was decorated quite uniquely, with a WWII theme. We had a carafe of their house Cabernet that was very nice. We both ordered the lamb shank that came with (choice of) garlic mashed potatoes and fresh vegies. Everything, including the service was superb! We shouldn't have but we had dessert too, a wedge of chocolate cake with a splash of whipped cream and some decaf coffee. The owner/cook, Victoria, came out to see how we enjoyed our meal... couldn't say enough good about it. Thank you for an enjoyable evening, Unknown to anyone, it was our 47th wedding anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple