“Simply wonderful”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge/diner complete with upright piano, sea views, cosy woodburner, Wifi, DVD and TV
Waterside Cottage with the sea behind A cosy woodburner makes winter stays as cosy as summer ones
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Waterside Cottage with the sea behind
A cosy woodburner makes winter stays as cosy as summer ones
Lounge diner
Dining table
The conservatory looking out over the garden and sea
Guests love our vintage kitchen - it may be traditional but it is very well stocked
Kingsize bedroom
Downstairs ensuite bedroom
Upstairs double bedroom
Upstairs twin bedroom - can be a supering
Downstairs shower
Downstairs ensuite
The beach, a couple of minutes walk from the house with wonderful birdlife
View from the edge of the garden at sunset
The shore in front of the cottage at low tide, fabulous for bird watching
Sunset over the bay
Waterside in summer
Our lovely cottage garden coming into flower
Waterside Cottage with the sea beyond
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
alibobble
“Simply wonderful”
Reviewed 5 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Waterside cottage is lovely, the rooms are very nice and the whole place is spotless!
The bed is the comfiest bed ever, the views are amazing and Fiona the host is just brilliant, nothing is too much trouble and her knowledge of the area is well worth using.
Breakfast was no ordinary breakfast either I can only describe it as a banquet!
We will be back!

Roxy1510
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“fantastic, can't wait to go back”
Reviewed 29 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

My friends and I spent 2 nights at the Waterside cottage for my birthday. We loved it. Very comfortable beds, all rooms clean and tidy, feather pillows and duvets, dressing gowns, toiletries and towels...the list could continue.

I personally loved the living room. They got a nice fire place that the owner had prepared for us in advance. There is a welcoming pack that includes phone numbers for restaurants, taxis, etc and guidance on how to use different appliances, how to lit up the fire place, etc. I have never been somewhere before where the owner had thought of all the answers to tourists questions. Fiona is extremely organized.

We were also pleased with the size of the kitchen, which is fully equipped. There is also a dining area. There is a piano in the living room too. The cottage is very homely.

I forgot to mention that all rooms have great views to the sea or the hills. There are tables outside where you can enjoy your coffee and enjoy the sun.

The price is very good.

I totaly recommend Waterside cottage. Fiona, the owner is such an helpful person. Although we didn't meet personally, we had a great communication through emails. She ensured that everything went smoothly. She always answered my emails quickly.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The blue sofa and the fire place
Liked least: No such thing
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
JackoPack...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Homey an cozy”
Reviewed 24 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Waterside Cottage in Broadford on Skye is a perfect place to stay! I was lucky to spend two nights in this lovely property in October 2012 and I wish I could have stayed for the whole week! I was really sad when I had to leave and I am planning to definitely go back in the future.
I have been on Skye before, but never felt this nice.
The owners Fiona and David are amazing people, warm and friendly and full of knowledge about the local area. They will be able to give you advice where to go for dinner or for drink, where are hidden treasures of Skye which you won't be able to find in guide books and to tell you the weather forecast.
They will let you stay in their warm lounge with the real fire and quirky atmosphere if you feel too tired after exploring Skye but do not feel like just going to bed.
All guest have wi-fi access to Internet, which is really handy.
The house is immaculate, everything is clean and high quality with lovely details, you will even find a water bottle in the room!
Breakfast is delicious, you have a choice of cereal, porridge, yoghurts, fresh fruit salad and if you like a hearty breakfast you can opt for full Scottish and you can ask to have it made the way you like it. All served with high quality fresh coffee and tea and selection of fruit juices.
Location is brilliant, property has designated parking space off the road and it is nicely positioned with lovely views. Small garden leads out onto the shore where you can watch wildlife and chill on the bench.
I cannot wait to tell all my friends about this little gem.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Friendly atmosphere
Liked least: The fact I had to go home
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
mmacinnis
Brampton, Canada
“Waterside Cottage Bed and Breakfast @ Isle of Skye”
Reviewed 13 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

Our group enjoyed our stay here at the end of September 2012. Waterside is a real find and good value for the money -- there aren't many places on Skye that we could find that had 4 bedrooms with at least two king beds for our group.

The drive to Skye is absolutely worth it! The drive up from Invergarry, through Kyle of Localsh, and over the bridge to Isle of Skye was absolutely *stunning*!! After a long drive, it was really nice to be welcomed, to enjoy afternoon tea and conversation with our hosts. We were happy to find that the nearby grocery store (for drinks, snacks, etc) & restaurants were within walking distance from the B&B.

Location, location, location: in one day we were able to get to Portree for shopping, view the Quirang, enjoy the dramatic scenery of waterfalls & the sea while on route to Kilt Rock, and complete a Distillery Tour at Taliskar. Throughout the day we saw countless rainbows, something we don't often see at home in Ontario. With our host's recommendation we finished up our day by having a lovely dinner in Plockton (across the Skye Bridge).

Breakfast was fantastic with varied options (hot menu/cold menu) cooked to order and were vegetarian friendly which was very much appreciated! We had helpful & friendly guidance from our hosts. Free wifi really helped us to plan our site seeing and for unwinding & relaxing in the evening. Our group enjoyed the cozy lounge where we could hangout, have after dinner drinks, a dram or two, & long conversations by the fireplace into the wee hours.

Overall, our group had a lovely adventure on Skye. Wish we had more time to explore. Thank you Fiona, Eric (and Ben the dog!) for your hospitality we had a lovely and memorable stay!

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Couples
Your age range 35-49
Management Response
15 Oct 2012
Thanks for such comprehensive comments - I'm sure other travellers will find them useful too. Great to meet you all.
Chichonid...
Barcelona, Spain
“Beautiful cottage, delightful breakfast”
Reviewed 12 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Lovely house with an amazing garden right by the lake. Really confortable room and nice shared bathroom. Breakfast was excellent. I ate Porridge for the first time in my life here and I love it (thanks for making me try it Fiona!)

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Family
Your age range 25-34
Management Response
15 Oct 2012
Thankyou! And I'm glad you liked breakfast - my grandpa would have been proud that we are spreading the word of porridge!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing