“Great seafood at reasonable prices”

Claymore Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Broadford
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Good food good price and friendly service. Speciality locally caught seafood all beautifully prepared. Good value family restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

I had the Seafood platter for one, and it was fantastic. Great service, cute place, great location.
They let me keep my oyster shell, and even cleaned it for me!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Dinner for two here was £44.35 with one ale and one coffee drambuie. It has a relaxed family atmosphere with very basic decor. It was busy for dinner on a Thursday evening and being small they don’t take reservations. Service was friendly with what looked like very young family members chipping into set tables and deliver food.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Great place! Came by for dinner, and had the seabream, and it was delicious! Unfortunately, I was full, otherwise I would have ordered the sticky toffee pudding too. The staff was super nice, when I arrived, I was 3rd in line for a table, and the waiter told me that he can’t tell me how long the wait is b/c they don’t impose time on the guests but they will feed me. Which I thought was really nice and I was willing to wait. When I did get the table, the staff was really nice in offering me suggestions on what’s she thinks is good or popular, which I got and it was very good. I’m staying at Isle of Skye for 2 nights, and I would totally go back again b/c it’s so good! Highly recommend it!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

This is one of a handful of restaurants in the village of Broadford. Like many in the area they don't take reservations and stop serving food at 9 so it's important to plan enough time. The location has waterside views to the rear and I would note that the frontage of the restaurant is much nicer than the picture on the website which shows an end view. Look out for a lovely grey boarding and you've found the right spot!

Date of visit: June 2018