“Excellent Glamping!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Cabin -
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
South Galson, Isle of Lewis, Lewis and Harris, Outer Hebrides, The Hebrides, Scotland

Reviews from our community

Sparklefu...
“Excellent Glamping!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed in the hebridean huts for 3 nights at the behininb of January. We arrived on the late ferry, only reaching the huts after 9pm. However the hut was warm and extremely welcoming and we got settled in straight away. We were welcomed personally by IAin the next morning who have us suggestions on things we may like to visit during our stay and was a wealth of knowledge.
The facilities in the hut were fantastic, even for 2 tall people we had plenty of space and everything has been thought of.
On our last night we hired the BBQ hit which was a lovely added extra to our stay and something a bit different and special to do.
Overall we were extremely happy with our stay and would recommend the huts to anyone wishing to stay on Lewis and experience a little but of luxury in a quirky way.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
C66
central scotland
“Hebridean paradise”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

We spent 3 glorious nights in Harebell Hut. The hut was cosy and comfortable and so well appointed. The owners have thought of everything that you could possibly need. A very high spec in terms of furnishings and appliances. The toiletries too were top quality, we really didn't want to leave. We managed to see a lot of the island and travelled down to Harris for the day , it was so scenic and you can see where the inspiration for the different tweeds comes from. We have fallen in love with Lewis/Harris and will be back.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Pam L
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Best kept secret on the Outer Hebrides!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Please dont be put off by the lack of reviews. We were only the 8th visitors to stay in this newly established, but lovely accomodation on the Isle of Lewis. I normally wouldnt take a chance on an unreviewed tripadvisor accomodation but my husband surprised me with a night of "glamping" - keep in mind that I'm nearly 8 months pregnant so my husband is very brave.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the very friendly hosts, Ann and Iain. Nothing was too much of a bother and they really go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome and special. The view from the huts is magical. The beautiful sea splashing against black rocky outcrops surrounded by emerald green fields. Just beautiful! Not to mention the adorable Hebridean sheep that graze around the huts. A real Scottish experience!

The huts themselves are surprisingly well appointed! Honestly - there were more thoughtful touches and freebies in these huts than in any of the other accomodations on our trip (7 different places including b&bs, luxury boutique hotel, michelin star hotel, 4-star hotels etc). The glamper hamper was amazing! Hot cocoa, wine, banana & toffee cake, Mackie's crisps, etc. Delicious and unique offerings. Oh and the bathroom exceeded all expectations; fluffly towels, slippers provided, and 'hello water pressure!' The beds are comfy. Yes, it was 2 twins...but at 8 months preggo I was not complaining about having my own space. It was a lovely comfortable bed.

Make sure to book the bbq hut for an evening as well! What a treat! This little wooden hexagonal hut has a coal burning bbq pit in the center, surrounded by wooden benches covered in sheepskin and elk hide rugs. So comfy cozy and romantic! My husband and I had a fabulous evening cooking over the fire while chatting and enjoying the views out the windows. Ann and Iain provide everything you need aside from the meal itself! They even had marshmallows.

This was one of the most memorable experiences I've had while touring Scotland and only regret we couldn't stay longer. I highly recommend a visit if you want to feel like you're really "experiencing Lewis."

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Couples
Gavin H
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
“Brilliant amenities for glamping.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Fantastic setting, the eco hut facing the wild Atlantic thrashing white waves towards us, while we watch from the viewing window inside lying snug and cosy on our delicious duvets, drinking hot chocolate and eating Hebridean toffee and banana cake from the welcome hamper. Pure bliss! Exploring the island is incredible, beaches at every turn, and a 4 mile walk round the cliff tops at Butt of Lewis lighthouse to end on Eorope beach, just a few miles north of the hut, is a great way to work off the chocolate and cake.
The hut is incredibly well laid out , compact but with 5 stars for glamping, everything you could need is provided. Highly recommended!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: peaceful and scenic setting
Liked least: sometimes a bit more room would have been handy
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Yawen G
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderland”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

This is my best travel experience ever.
The hut is clean, new, spacious and well-organized. I was surprised by how much I could find in this small hut. There was only a microwave, a hot water machine, a toaster and something else, but it was enough for me to make myself three meals everyday. The room is warm and the bed is comfortable. The restroom is absolutely clean, and the hot water is very stable.
Not to mention the beautiful view around that area. I didn't hire a car during my stay so everywhere I went were walking-distance, but I saw lots of beautiful views. In my last night there, I even saw Northern Light right in front of my hut!!!
Beside all these, Anne and Lain are the best kind of host I would expect. They are helpful and very friendly.
I highly recommend this place to everyone. You won't regret.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing