“Wonderful Location and great place”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Surfing beach near house
View from house
Cafe in village
Sunset at Dalbeag beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Cottage -
3 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 6
Carloway, Isle of Lewis, Lewis and Harris, Outer Hebrides, The Hebrides, Scotland

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 21 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
HopeN56
Reedley, California
“Wonderful Location and great place”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 for a stay in May 2014

This was a great place to stay in a good location. My husband and I were there with several friends and all of us found it to be a great place to stay, with no complaints. The owner did a wonderful job of giving us information ahead of time. The best part of it, was that there were great books on the book shelves to learn more about island history and stone circles and such. It was a cute and comfortable cottage. I would highly recommend this place and, if I ever get to the Isle of Lewis again, I would try to rent this very same cottage.

Liked best: The location
Travelling group: Large Group
15 Aug 2014
Hello
Thank you for taking the time to post this review and I'm so glad the house met your expectations. I'm always happy to help visitors especially if they come from distant places as it helps to feel more relaxed ahead of the holiday. I hope to see you or your friends at some time in the future
Sunsetsur...
Tubingen, Germany
“Wonderful cozy in the wild western Hebrides”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 for a stay in September 2013

The little cottage (which actually isn't that little :) as it has 3 lovely decorated double bedrooms (I had wonderful sleeps in the old solid wooden bed, good mattresses, clean sheets and not one worry keeping me from falling asleep ), is wonderful cozy warm and all very well functioning and equipped (kitchen, lounge, laundry ...) even if you go later in the year, when the weather can be quite stormy and wet. The bath is REALLY warm and you can have a nice soak. outside there is a piece of land you can play with your children, hang up you washing or just sitting there overlooking the hills towards the ocean and have a real good read.
It's not a house it's a HOME and I felt so from the very first moment and could enjoy my holiday for the moment I arrived. Only thing for travellers from Germany: to lock the door with the key you have to pull the handle upwards :) no worries whatsoever. I had a fantastic holiday there in the peaceful wilderness of the Hebrides. The house is loved and you feel it. The host is the best ever, kind, flexible, helpful... You name it!

The neighbourhood is very friendly, the people kind and the bus stop just 3 minutes walk away. I really wanted a chill out away from everything, and had wonderful walks down to the beach (4 min) and on a lovely trail over the cliffs (1-2h one way) to a sandy beach you could actually surf. Stornoway is easily reachable with the bus and lots of other things to visit and to explore. Last not least the black house museum of Garenin down the road at the bus stop, where there is a lovely little pebbly beach with clean water and cliffs to have a view till down to the southern Hebrides. From there the sunsets are stunning as the kiss the ocean :) go and have a holiday there you won't regret it! The property is just a pebblestone launch away.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I liked the feel of it and that after a long day out on the cliffs it felt really like
Liked least: Well, in Germany we don't have door handles that move upwards :) and so it took me some minutes to figure out how to lock the door :)
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
8 Jul 2014
Thank you so much for your very full review. I'm glad you enjoyed the house and found it homely.We try to make sure everything is comfortable and everyone visiting can have a restful and enjoyable time. We are regularly making improvements as the house is important to us. I hope we can welcome you and other visitors from Germany in the future.
Elkie87
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to stay!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We were here for 3 nights in May and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The house was very clean and had everything we could need...and more!
There has obviously been a lot of thought put into making the house as comfortable as possible.
We would definitely come back!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
7 Jun 2014
Thank you so much for your review and so glad you enjoyed the break.Hope to see you again in Lewis. I am continually buying new equipment and re-decorating the house to make it as comfortable as possible for our guests.
Catriona
Durham
Reviewed 4 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Whitley bay
Reviewed 31 October 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing