“Wonderful food - reasonably priced.”
Review of Kirkmichael Arms

Kirkmichael Arms
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Maybole
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving quality food from 12.00 Noon till 9pm daily. Where possible we use locally sourced fresh produce. Early Bird Menu, Daily Specials Board, Lunch & Evening Menus.
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We spent a week on holiday in Kirkmichael and ate in the Kirkmichael Arms on three evenings. Some of the best food we've tasted in a long time - the Cajun chicken was memorable. Small, but cosy - a warm and friendly welcome from attentive staff. You won't be dusappointed!

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

One review said "hidden gem". Lovely homely country pub with delicious fayre. Food and service are first class. In Ayrshire, you may choose a Buzzworks or Costley place but check this place out. The food is just as good, if not better. Our family of 6 all thought main courses and desserts were delicious. See you soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Myself, my partner and our five children were on holiday in Ayr and it so happened to be our daughters 8th Birthday on the day we arrived.
Having had a look online for an ideal family restaurant we stumbled upon Kirkmichael Arms which we saw served a firm favourite food of mine, Steak and sausage pie.
When visiting Scotland as a child this was always the meal my Granny welcomed us with, so we had to come and try it.
I emailed the restaurant in advance to ask would it be okay to bring a Birthday cake and for a member of staff to bring the cake over to our table for my daughter to blow out her candles. Received emails back to confirm this was okay, to ask if we needed high chairs and for a rough time of our arrival and party numbers.
On arrival there appeared to be some confusion over numbers expected but this was swiftly glossed over and we were seated in a section of the restaurant we chose.
Myself and my partner had the steak and sausage pie, my daughter had lasagne and the other four children had burgers.
I can't express just how fantastic the steak and sausage pie was, it was even better than I remembered, absolutely beautiful and I have never in my life tasted mashed potatoes like those which accompanied my pie. Absolutely amazing.
How can mash be amazing, you might ask?
I don't know, possibly witchcraft, I don't care. It just was.
Every child, bar our youngest finicky eater, cleared their plate. Even the youngest gave it a good go, which was a pleasant surprise.
All in all, a fantastic meal, friendly, efficient staff. Couldn't fault Kirkmichael Arms at all.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant and bar
Lovely wide variety of food....very accommodating for children also. Run by very friendly people who are very attentive to your requests.
We've only been in Ayrshire for one week and we have stopped here for dinner three times!! Lovely
Highly recommended

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We had an hamburger and a rib eye. The meat is fabulous, and the waitress is kind and smiling
Nice atmosphere, it's definitely worth a stop if you are close