All reviews drawing room hunting lodge dining room roll top bath the hotel offers a hot water bottle whiskey bar highland cattle clay pigeon shooting superior room fine dining luxury hotel outdoor activities superb hotel public rooms spectacular setting michelin star
Reviewed 6 July 2012

i have never stayed at the hotel but have had high teas and dinners there so my comments refer to that side only.

The situation and views from the restuarant and lounge are marvellous. Inside the decor is glorious, everything from the log fires in winter and the decoration of the lounge and restuarant.

Service is faultless and there is a lovely atmoshere about the place. Afternoon tea is a meal in itself and very traditional with proper tableclothes and sandwiches. Dinners are faultless with food and its presentation excellent. Value for money? It is expensive but it is a wonderfull experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rogerh2012
DanRB, Owner at The Torridon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you for your review. Expensive.....but worth it seems to be your analysis which we cannot disagree with. Regards, Dan & Rohaise

Reviewed 3 July 2012

We had a 4 day visit to the Torridon to unwind and relax. Dogs and baby in tow. No dogs in the hotel and the cottage where they would be permitted was booked, so they worked round the problem and allowed us to drive the car around the front of the hotel - on the graveled path in front of the sitting room, bar and library - to the fire escape outside our room. Perfect and the dogs were more than happy.

Room was stunning - Suite 1887, the newest of the lot apparently and highly recommended - and views were great, if not as stunning as a room on the front of the property.

Food and service top notch.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
DanRB, Owner at The Torridon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you loved the 1887 suite. We do live in an amazing place and we try so hard to exceed our guest expectations so it is so gratifying to be appreciated. Happy to accommodate the hound! Regards, Dan & Rohaise

Reviewed 7 June 2012

extremely friendly hotel. Staff went out of their way to help and accomodate our difficult wishes after our luggage got lost in Gatwick Airport. Very patient and helpful. Room fantastic, beautiful view of Loch Torridon, everything brand new as just redecorated.
Food from Chef was delicious and lovingly prepared. Enjoyed the 5 course dinner very much after tough walking up Ben Alligin. Delightful advice in the bar about the whisky - 350 different malts ! Atmosphere of the hotel lovely, warm, welcoming with a touch of luxury - just what you need in this tough environment.
Can't wait to go back. Absolutely value for money and excellent!

Room Tip: ask to have a view to the Loch.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank besindia
DanRB, Owner at The Torridon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our staff and service and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. thank you for the great photos you loaded as well. Regards, Dan & Rohaise

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have recently returned from a one night stay at The Torridon with my partner.
So many things make this hotel extra special. The dramatic mountainous setting and sea loch that change colour depending on the light conditions really do add to the actual charm of the hotel itself. As soon as you arrive you are made to feel very welcome. We were offered complimentary tea and coffee on arrival. We were then promptly shown our lovely room by the very attentive lady at the reception who, as with all the staff take a genuine pride in the service and quality the hotel provides.
Dinner was a wonderful experience. All 5 courses were incredible and the attentive yet unobtrusive service was delightful. The best bit was enjoying a post-dinner cognac in the drawing room, in a very comfortable chair next to a log fire, whilst looking out to the loch, unaware that I was about to have the best sleep ever in a very comfortable bed, before waking the next morning and enjoying a Scottish breakfast of pure indulgence. (Even opted for whiskey and cream in my porridge which I could get used to!)
We cannot wait to return to repeat the experience. (not just the whiskey and porridge!)
Thanks again for a magnicent stay and I am sure you will one day retain the Scottish Hotel of the Year Award that you deservedly won in 2011.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
DanRB, Owner at The Torridon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review of The Torridon. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that many factors contributed to the enjoyment of your stay. We are glad also that you enjoyed the unique location that The Torridon has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Torridon in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Daniel and Rohaise Rose-Bristow

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I love this place! It is the REAL scottish castle stay. It is a bit remote but once you get there it is so worthwith!

I really do not recommend trying to arrive at this place at night, it is not so easy to find if you have never been there before, even if you had Sat-nav. In some areas we passed through it was so mountainous the sat-nav did not work.

At the time we stayed it was a package with 2 nights for 3 and there was a lovely gourmet dinner. The rare whiskey collection is wonderful though I do not know very much about it, the semelier was so educational when I got talking about it and I really learnt a lot about rare scotch.

The food was very pleasant.I thought it used too much butter but I think that is a personal preference. I really enjoyed the overall ambience of the place. It has a lot of history and beautiful lake side location.

I found the room was a little bit cold, so I had to ask them to turn up the thermostat in my room. I really like the bath-tub as it was deep and luxurious.

The nature around was fantastic! The staff service are great, no complaints whatsoever. They are just lovely people.

I thought they could do with more interesting books in the common room and a more varied choice of newspaper. But if that is my only amendment to my stay, you can tell they are so good at what they do, I should just be quiet. haha.

thank you for a lovely stay. We arrived at night, got lost, and then on our way back nearly got stuck in a snow storm but you are worth every bit o the hassle. All the best to you.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple