All reviews one night washing machine friendly hosts warm welcome fresh fruit breakfast was delicious self cater beyond the call of duty short drive trout scrambled eggs with smoked salmon first class comfortable stay fully equipped kitchen outer hebrides an evening meal b b's
Reviewed 28 September 2015

I love everything about Braemore Square. It is by far the best place I've ever stayed for so many reasons. Let me tell you about them. First is the building and grounds. I had seen pictures, but they just don't capture the way I felt when seeing it in person. You are surrounded by trees and hills of the Highlands. The building itself is quite large and the rooms are spacious. I was blown away by how large and comfortable my room was. There was even a wee hallway to get to the en suite bathroom! I felt like a princess.

Ed and Wendy were incredible hosts! They made me feel so welcome into their home. And I do mean home. I loved that they had family photos everywhere. Most B&Bs I've stayed in are absent of personal mementos in the guest areas. I appreciated feeling like a guest in their personal space as opposed to a customer. They are such friendly and fun people. They spent so much time helping me plan routes and making suggestions of things to do and pies to eat (ask them about the pie place in Lochinver!).

I had only planned to stay one night, but enjoyed it so much they graciously let me stay a second. I am already planning to return for several nights next September and I absolutely can't wait. Ed and Wendy go above and beyond what I expect of B&B hosts. The small touches they put in to their home for guests are wonderful. A sprig of heather on the bed, tartan ribbon tied around the toilet paper and a binder filled with great information about the B&B (even archaeological excavation on property), the Ullapool community newsletter and guidebooks.

Then there's the breakfast. Wowza! Best scrambled eggs I had in Scotland, delicious coffee and a fantastic fruit and jam selection. I overate each day because I just couldn't get myself to stop indulging. Oh! And homemade bread. There are even two lounges for guests. The one below my room was attached to a gorgeous conservatory and kitchen for guest use. The kitchen had a washing machine too! Ok, I'll stop gushing. I just really love this place and hope you'll give it a try.

It's about 11 miles outside of Ullapool. Close enough to go for meals and shopping, but far enough for peace and quiet. And if you drive in for dinner you'll likely get to enjoy some pretty incredible sunsets. The town of Ullapool itself is fantastic. And Braemore Square is situated so well for touring around the Highlands. Ask Ed about looping the Assynt and you're pretty close to Wester Ross if you want to brave Bealach Na Ba. Enjoy!

See you next year Wendy and Ed!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Lisamc21
Reviewed 18 September 2015

Stayed overnight before the morning ferry from Ullapool to Stornoway. As ever the rooms were well equipped, comfortable and spotless. The return welcome from Wendy very friendly and the home cooked breakfast, with proper ground coffee, home baked bread, full Scottish and fresh fruit etc was absolutely superb. They have a kitched you can cook an evening meal for yourself, which works really well for feeding the children. We have been a number of times before, and wil come again.

1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 13 September 2015

At the risk of repeating other reviews, we could not have been happier staying here for one night. The setting and house itself was amazing, the lounge had a huge selection of movies, books and maps of Scotland and otherwise, and the room was fantastic. We had windows on both sides of the room that opened, providing a nice cross breeze. There was no road noise at all from the A835, at least nothing that kept us awake.

Breakfast the next morning was the best of the trip, the fresh fruits selection that was offered was amazing. There was way more than we could eat, and we felt guilty about leaving so much of it behind. (but I'm sure it gets eaten!)

There was a good amount of local information in the room as well, most of which we didn't have time to properly see (we only went back to Ullapool for dinner, as we were off to Skye the next day) but it was a nice touch, and a rare extra from our experience.

The house itself is having some work done, but did not interfere with our stay at all.

My only negative observation is that there are no locks on the bedroom doors. We left the windows open before going into town for dinner; when we came back they were closed. The idea of all of our luggage, passports, etc in an unlocked room, including access to other guests, was very uncomfortable. I have never stayed anywhere, not even another B&B, that did not have door keys.

This was actually not our first choice for our night in Ullapool. Had originally booked a place in Ardmair, but by chance I happened to see this on Google Street View (it does not show up at all in Google Maps). Very glad we switched. Wendy and Ed were wonderful hosts! If it is still there on our next trip, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

1  Thank Randy R
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Braemore Square is a lovely place: Very welcoming, very clean, well-furnished.

There are ample common areas including sitting rooms, and a small kitchen where, should you wish, you could make your own meals.

We arrived late in the day, too late for a proper restaurant, so I drove to Ullapool to collect a takeaway instead. It was very useful having somewhere to eat it.

Also the position is convenient for the Ullapool ferry.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank iridium_moon
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

After a recent stay at Braemore Square, I can not recommend it highly enough. The welcome we received from Wendy as we arrived was very warm and even offered to assist with our luggage. Wendy spent quite a long time with us giving us a tour when we arrived and although we were a little early arriving we were not made to feel as though we were putting anyone out.

We later met Ed and he also gave us a warm welcome, must be the Scouse in him!

Braemore Square was about 15 minutes from Ullapool but the drive is very picturesque and is set in lovely large grounds with views into the mountains.

Our room was clean, tidy and comfortable. It was tastefully decorated and the welcome pack was very informative.

Breakfast was lovely and had a good choice of options of which you could have a little or a lot. I also loved the amount of choices of spreads for the toast. I had not seen that many choices anywhere else we stayed.

Thank you very much Wendy and Ed, we really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family