See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 September 2016

This b & b has much going for it--it's beautifully positioned for the bus traveler as well as the car owner, it has two very obliging owners who serve a terrific Scottish breakfast and are only too willing to chat. After breakfast there are walks in the village, train journeys or hikes to nearby Brora, visits to the castle--and then back to a spacious, comfortable room. Geordie is a reflective and quirky man, who's experiences have given him material for absorbing conversation and Irene is an estimable person--neither of them give you the impression of wanting to sell a setting that really sells itself!

Room tip: We were in the back of the rather large house--that might be quieter
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I stayed with Irene and Geordie for 5 nights in the single room last week. I was working during the week, Irene looked after me with packed lunch everyday as i was up to early for cooked breakfast, so I had toast and cereal which I got for myself and Irene did my packed lunch. Very pleasant stay. The chocolate in the room and the shortbread was very much appreciated and a nice gesture. Thank you both and I wish you luck in your retirement. Enjoy the well deserved rest.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Our one night stay at Blar Mhor B n B was delightful. Our room was clean and tidy and well appointed. The full Scottish breakfast was delicious and plentiful...no need for lunch after this fare. Our hosts, Irene and Geordie were super friendly and most informative. Wish we had stayed longer.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here on the 30th July as a stop over touring north Scotland. Two adults one child. Room was ideal, large and comfy with en-suite. Irene and George were really friendly and make a great breakfast.
Situated only a short distance from the Main Street of Golspie and easy to find just off the road as you enter Golspie.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Although we knew the village well it was the first time we had stayed at Blar Mhor. The welcome was warm and the room was spacious and well decorated with a shower, the breakfast was freshly cooked with lashings of toast. We stayed for three nights and would recommend a stay here, it is just outside the village (2mins walk) where you will find several restaurants or alternatively you can drive to one of the nearby villages for a good selection. All in all I would firstly recommend a visit to Golspie and secondly a stay at Blar Mhor.

Date of stay: June 2016