“Satisfying food and friendly staff”

The Dornoch Inn Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Dornoch
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal in here which was served quickly and tasted delicious. The staff member was so pleasant and gave us some very useful local knowledge on local produce. When we arrived we were in time for the lunch menu, I would have liked there to have been abit more choice on but in saying that we all found something we could enjoy. The food was reasonably priced and very tasty. I will definitely return.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I found just what I needed at the Dornoch Inn. A really great tostie and a pint of beer.
If in Dornoch it is a great place to go at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

As previous reviewers have suggested, this is an ordinary, basic pub - and there’s nothing wrong with that. To put it perspective, there are three places for a pint in Dornoch centre.
The Castle Hotel is a hotel with a smart bar that doesn’t try to be a pub. It’s not a place for a few casual beers.
The Eagle would like to be both pub and restaurant, but devotes most of the bar area to dining.
This leaves the Dornoch Inn as effectively being the only ordinary pub in the town. As such, we found it refreshingly pleasant. Yes - the decor is plain and a tad dated, but we found the barmaid to be very friendly and the Tennents to be top class.
Kinda what you want of a pub really!

1  Thank johnhouston2
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Worst place for service I have ever stepped foot in. First of all, my partner and I work within the hospitality industry so we are well aware people write reviews and exadurate them a little and you often need to take the complaints with a pinch of salt. However, I cannot exadurate this experience as I was only in the place for 5 minutes (about 3 minutes waiting to be seated).
When we got seen the girl walked past us and mumbled "find a table for two". She didn't seem friendly but we didn't really think about it as we just found a seat. After waiting a couple of minutes the girl came back and actually threw the menus at us stating "there's no carbonara" and stormed away again, didn't even stop at the table or make eye contact. No pleasantries or any other words spoken.
Two other customers were laughing and said "look at his face" to which my partner asked if she was like that with them. They replied yes. No other discussion was needed as we both knew we had to leave, so we did. We tried 2 other places which were fully booked before we found the, also busy, eagle hotel. We are both so glad we left as every other place was friendly and the food and the atmosphere at the eagle hotel was excellent.
The fact I have to even leave a star on this review annoys us both as it is the first time either of us have felt like we need to leave a restaurant at all, never mind before we even read the menu. Would 100% not recommend. Plenty other places literally across the road which are head and shoulders above the Dornoch Inn.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Aaron S
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Popped in for a few drinks but left after one. Very basic and the bar tender was not the most attentive. Cheap and cheerful noisy pub

Date of visit: August 2018