“Beautiful view, and very good food.....”

Conservatory Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 22 Restaurants in Dornoch
Cuisines: Scottish
Description: We stayed at the Royal Golf Hotel for a week, just returned home. Their restaurant isnt listed on Trip Advisor. I can assure you it is full service, and is really good food. Please consider adding it, as they would appreciate getting the word out. Thank you.
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We made a reservation here before we left the states, based on TA reviews and pix.

We had a table on the window overlooking the famous Royal Dornoch golf course, with the sea in the distance.....great view!

Pretty decent wine list, and we ordered a bottle, and then dinner. My wife had shrimp cocktain (daily special) and roasted guinea hen with roasted vegetables. I also had the shrimp cocktail, and roasted salmon with fingerling potatoes and vegetables.

The shrimp cocktails were good....perhaps 7 shrimp with lettuce and sliced cherry tomaotes in a tomato/mayo non-spicy sauce.

My wife loved her guinea fowl, and her veggies were great. My salmon was very good, and my veggies were also very interesting, and very good.

We finished with a chocolate mousse with ice cream, tea and coffee.

Wife said it was one of her best meals out in a year. I thought it was not that good, but very good.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Another good meal here , menu is so interesting, good choice , different presentations, local foods seem to be used a lot , why not? So lucky here with amazing food grown and produced here , expanding all the time! Nice and busy so opinion shared! Fantastic views over golf course and forth , worth it for the views alone!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 16 September 2017

The service was absolute fantastic and the food was superb. I stayed at the hotel and having food there was the perfect choice for my trip.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Found this amazing Seafood Restaurent,lovely food and Warm Highland welcome.we will be back on our return to Dornoch.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Our group of 24 golfers had an early dinner here after playing our second round of golf at adjacent Royal Dornoch. The food and the service were spot on.