“Very disappointed ”

China Buffet King Braehead
Reserve with OpenTable
China Buffet King Braehead is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 52 Restaurants in Renfrew
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food not good staff at paydesk very rude tried to charge for our vegan daughter who would not eat anything from here eventually agreed to take her of the bill .Told us we were lucky. we could smell the smoke off him .Place filthy food very bland avoid

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Update April 2018

My brother wanted to go today and I did. While there have been some improvements, additions and changes some good some bad

1. Me and my brother like others had to wait due to lack of seats but failed to reveal they choose not to use 20 tables up the back, the only reason I believe is to create a buzz that it is busier than what it is.

2. It looks like new owners with a updated menu.

3. There seems to be like new thin chips, not great but better than the thick ones.

4. There is a chiller seems to be full of things, there is no idea what they are.

5. There is a shortage of staff in the final section should you need anything.

6. The plates and bowls have got smaller, of course it is to get you to eat less but shouldn't it be a choice, same for the desserts.

7. Right beside dried up Chicago town pizza and something else main menu they stuck apple strudel

8. There is a greater lack of what items are and needs addressing for reasons including what is there.

9. At the end we went to the toilet entitled restrooms' and no lights in entryway so I used light from phone and in toilet it was the same. I was told when I asked it couldn't have ever happened as it was closed. So my brother and I are called a liar how nice

So while there is improvements it's still a long way off being somewhere I am happy to dine in

AVOID, AVOID, Feb 2018:

Well my mum went with my wee brother as he loves the sausages but holy hell she was shocked by the quality of the food they was selling and bad is the word to be kind. She didn't feel hungry that night she felt off then she was sick during the night. This is totally disgusting and when you tell them they just look at you hoping you will go away.

Dec 2017:

Well I want to start with calling this salty buffet king because the food in this China buffet is super salty and therefore not nice. The range seems to be strange like some foods are not Chinese. Cut up pepperoni pizza, long sausages, chicken nuggets, hash browns, so getting something Chinese here is lacking. I thought the one in bath street was bad but this

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Been here a couple of times and each time I have came home and been ill! Food is really poor and the staff are really rude! They don’t seem happy at all and couldn’t care about the service they give. I was huffed at for asking for water for my toddler! The food was awful. It was really busy given it’s the school holidays so that’s fair enough but the quality of the food was dire! So dry and tasteless and as I have said, came home and was ill. Gave this place another shot as I give places benefit of the doubt but will certainly not be going back now due to being ill yet again and the food hasn’t improved. The restaurant itself wasn’t clean. Again I understand it was busy but there was no excuse for it to be a dirty as it was! I will not be returning and I do not recommend this place at all!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I had a variety of dishes at the restaurant and I found the Chinese dishes better than the Western section of the options available but the variety that was available for £6.99 during the day was very good.

Not everything was brilliant but there were some nice options and for the money, it was pretty good. I had no problems with the staff and they were helpful enough and the actual setting is pretty nice considering it is a fairly cheap buffet restaurant.

I agree that some dishes were rather salty but Chinese food tends to be like this and there are a lot of Western options available too. I think the variety was what won me over ultimately and there was enough in the way of pleasant dishes to ensure I was happy with my meal.

I have had better buffet meals but this was good value. I didn't like everything but it's a buffet so you just leave it and try something else. Best to only sample things you're not so sure of.

I paid more than double the previous day just for a beef brisket dish at a restaurant in Glasgow which was of better quality but in terms of value for money, China Buffet King is good and there are some very nice things among the more mundane choices. I didn't find anything bad to the point of it being a problem though.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Food was pretty much up there with the worst I have ever had, lukewarm, dry and with a lovely skin on top of most dishes. The tables and floor were filthy and I watched staff members tip fresh food on top of food already lying. I pointed out to the manager that the food was lukewarm, he tested with a thermometer and said its because the plates were cold, not really apologetic. I will NEVER eat in here again unless I take a liking to sitting on the pan. How this place would ever pass a hygiene inspection is beyond me.

2  Thank eddieb594