“Mrs”
other travellers have booked this property
Large open plan living area
Blue Room with Ensuite (Bath with shower)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Large open plan living area
Blue Room with Ensuite (Bath with shower)
Blue Room
Blue Room Ensuite
Thistle Room with Ensuite Shower Room
Green Room with Ensuite Shower Room
Hay Room (Ground Floor) with Ensuite Shower Room
Ensuite Shower Room
Nespresso Machine (Capsules provided)
Gardeners Cottage in the snow
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mary B
Gorebridge, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Mrs”
Reviewed 11 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

8 of us stayed is this beautiful cottage to celebrate our friends 50th birthday last weekend. From the moment we arrived we were given a very warm welcome from Ailsa the owner. So friendly and nothing was too much trouble for her. Received a delicious welcome pack which included home made jam , marmalade, chutneys and bread. The cottage itself was truly immaculate throughout and came with every utensil and gadget you could think of. Each ensuite had high quality toiletries supplied and other little extras. The view from the cottage was stunning and lovely to see the horses running around in the field very nearby. I would totally recommend this cottage to everyone , and a huge thank you to Ailsa for her tremendous hospitality.

15 Nov 2016
Thank you so much for your review! We hope that you may come and stay again sometime!
Aimee S
“Absolutely fabulous. 5* all round.”
Reviewed 9 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

I booked strathview cottage for my sisters hen weekend quite a few months back, I had read all the reviews of the property and the positive comments about Ailsa the property owner, I knew I had found a great place to stay but it exceeded my expectations.

From the word go Ailsa was very helpful, we needed extra beds as there were 11 of us going to stay she kindly offered me the west cottage at a discounted rate as I had already booked strathview so I took her up on her offer. Little did I know the cottages were attached and couldn't have been a more perfect size for our hen party.

I also rented a hot tub for the weekend, I asked Ailsa if this would be OK months in advance, and of course it wasn't a problem and she made sure there was space for it by moving the table and chairs for our arrival and offering help anyway she could. The hot tub was placed on the patio right at the door which was perfect for us.

On arrival to the cottages I was taken aback by the high standard, she has thought of everything. The hampers we received in each cottage contained home baked bread and brownies, fresh eggs, jams, coffee pods and chutneys, such a nice thoughtful touch.

All of my requests were fulfilled, I needed the rooms to be twins, champagne glasses for us all, early check in, later check out. Again perfect hosting by Ailsa, she is bubbly and friendly.

The cottages are lovely, clean spacious a real luxury. The images on trip advisor show the cottages well but I genuinely think they are nicer in person and the cottages are so much larger than you expect too. With everything you could possibly need. The bed linens and towels were so fresh we all commented on this.

I would reccomend that anyone considering renting these lovely cottages just to go for it you won't regret it!

I'm looking in to booking my next stay already and I can't wait.

Thank you!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Holidays9...
Melbourne, Australia
“Great views, exceptional accomodation, great hosts"”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We were a party of 6 who stayed in this cottage for 4 nights in early August 2016. Everything about this place is exceptional. We were looking for country accommodation close to Perth and this fitted the bill. Were supplied with jams, chutneys, freshly baked bread, coffee pod, tea and scrumptious brownies. I can not speak highly enough and this was the perfect location for the last found nights of 4 week holiday. I just wish I could go back again but living in Australia this is not easy.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Amenities and Views
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
14 Aug 2016
Thank you so much for your brilliant review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us!
MrsMcG77
Kilmarnock
“1st Class Accommodation with 1st Class View”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

I can not recommended this fabulous cottage highly enough. We booked to stay for a couple of nights to celebrate my husbands birthday. The location is beautiful. Ailsa and James were very welcoming and the hamper on arrival was an added bonus. They have thought of every little detail to make your stay as comfortable yet luxurious as possible. We would definitely stay here again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
14 Aug 2016
Thank you so much for your review and we hope that we will see you again in the not too distant future!
hazelhami...
Oban, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

A fantastic two night stay for my sister's 40th birthday. The accomodation is excellent with every need catered for by the hosts, Ailsa and James.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing