“hard to fault”
Review of Murraypark Hotel

Murraypark Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Crieff
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My friend and I booked the January offer of two nights DB+B and one night B+B.Our room was a good size and spotless, the beds comfortable and the en-suite exceeded our expectations.Breakfast was plentiful and the choice at dinner was good, as was the food itself, tasty and well presented.Wine was reasonably priced.We had reserved a table in a restaurant in Crieff for our last night, but opted to eat at Murraypark again.Above all I have to mention the staff.Every one was friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble.The service they provided was second to none.If I were forced to find fault it would be that the room was too warm...not exactly a fault!I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and its staff.Fabulous deal.

Room Tip: Our room was in the "annexe".I cannot comment on the rooms in the main building.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer551898

Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights 25 November. We had a nice room but not much of a view (room 12 I think) - it looked onto an external stairway. Apart from that the room was comfortable with tea/ coffee making facilities provided. The staff in the hotel were very pleasant and helpful - particularly one of the managers who gave us advice on where to go on a night out on the Friday and cards for taxi companies. We ate in the Murraypark on the Friday night and the hydro on the sturday when our friends arrived with their daughter. Food was a good standard although the "allowance" does not really mean that you are trully half board so be prepared to pay extra. The Murraypark is much less manic with kids which was a bonus to us travelling as a couple and we would consider returning in the future.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We booked this hotel for New Year 2012, and myself my wife and 5 year old loved every minute. The staff were great, with Lynne the manager and Evelina being stand outs. The food was fantastic and the place has a real homely feel about it. The hydro was great and we used a load of the ammenities which again added to our experience. We will go back and probably for New Year.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We dined at the restaurant on Sunday the 11th of December 2011 as part of our honeymoon and while having the tuna steak my wife started to have a numbness of the mouth, inflamed red skin, racing heart, pounding headache which was quickly followed in the next hour and a half with vomiting and diahorrea. NHS 24 and the doctor suspected this to be a case of food poisoning and upon further investigation of the symptoms it would seem the cause could be Scombrotoxic poisoning. The hotel will happily take the necessary action to investigate this if we provide a stool sample for testing. Surprisingly enough we did not retain any samples so we will never know. I would never return to this restaurant.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Frazer B
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Wonderful, friendly service and people. I was able to arrange with the staff at Murraypark the Thanskgiving /funeral buffet for family and friends on November 21st. I totally praise the sensitivity of Callum, Robyn and Heather and the chef and waitresses.Nothing was too much trouble ,I was able to bake my own shortbread and they made up my non alcoholic drink, our dog was allowed into the bar with his wee friend dog,and the dogs master was personally waitressed and had his own non diary food ...SO IMPRESSED ! .....,we were able to bring in the table flower arrangements and put up 4 posters of Dads life and they even supplied a cot for the youngest great grandson when he went to sleep....SO TOP MARKS TO ALL STAFF FROM THE THOMSON CLAN AND FRIENDS THANK YOU for making our day special.

Room Tip: This is a a great hotel to stay , if you also have a dog.........
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crieff
0.9 km away
9.5 km away
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 2 in Comrie

Been to Murraypark Hotel? Share your experiences!