“Great food & Service”
Review of Rhino Catering

Rhino Catering
Ranked #20 of 33 Restaurants in Aberfeldy
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Visited during a stay in Aberfeldy. We had booked a dinner, bed and breakfast deal at the hotel across the road and were offered to dine at the choice of 2 local restaurants. We chose Rhino as during the day it serves French cuisine but at night serves Chinese.
It was a bitterly cold night and we were the only ones in the restaurant although the delivery/take away appeared to be busy.
We had a selection of spring rolls and chicken satay for starters followed by salt and pepper chicken and chicken curry with rice and chips for main. I followed with banana fritters for desert. All dishes were well presented and delicious. I found the prices on the menu to be very reasonable and the portions more than large enough. Our waiter (who I believed to be the owner) was very friendly and efficient. I have nothing negative to say and would recommend a visit if you are in the area. We will hopefully be back when the weather starts to heat up a bit!!

1  Thank Donna F
lio237, Owner at Rhino Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Aberfeldy is a lovely place to visit, Glad you enjoyed your dinner in Rhino .

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We were staying at a local lodge resort for the weekend and went on the hunt for a Chinese and came across this place, upon walking in we wondered why it was so quiet for a Saturday but ordered anyway, the owner was nice it seemed to be himself and another younger guy in the kitchen wearing jeans trainers and a hoodie? Not sure if he was meant to be the chef but didn't seem very hygienic. We ordered £23 worth of food all in, a chicken curry with fried rice salt & pepper chicken with chips, a extra portion of chips, extra portion of egg fried, noodles and curry sauce. Upon getting back to our lodge to plate up we were a bit disappointed to see how small the portions were! The only thing we had alot of was the rice which trust me was not very edible, it was more boiled rice with bits of egg through it, soggy and all stuck together in the tub, majority of it ended up in the bin. The chicken curry and salt and pepper chicken was nice but just needed more of it! Not good value for money. The pot of curry sauce was very basic. Even if we could go back we wouldn't.

1  Thank Natalie H

All our main course are £4.95 and you get a all chicken breast (8oz) as a portion rice/ noodle / chips are £2 . We served good portion if you look at other review. All our food is fresh and made to order, we do not use MSG
I believe we have good price and good portion
In Aberfeldy in February everything is quiet, it is a long winter in the Highland

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

What a lovely quirky little place. I loved all the pictures and cushions and ornaments and the story of why the rhinos. Very inspiring. Food was great....cooked to order...fresh ingredients and nicely served. Even the rice was piping hot......not always the case on restaurants. The lady who served us was very friendly. Really enjoyed it......will be back on our next visit

Glad you enjoyed your stay in Rhino and look for to see you again

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We arrived just as the kitchen was closing after being let down with a pre booked aniversary meal out.The waitress could not do enough for us and was very friendly. The owner, cooked everything from scrath which was tasty and nicely prepared, They told us not to hurry and to just take our time. We had a lovely meal out and as it was a last moment decision to try it we were not unhappy. Thank you both for making us feel at home. We will be back.

lio237, Owner at Rhino Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

You are welcome,All our food iscook fresh and to order, Happy Anniversary in your visit to Aberfeldy . All the best

Reviewed 5 February 2018

While staying at a local resort,we went out for a walk around Aberfeldy,we saw Rhino Chinese takeaway,my other half insisted we got food for walking back to resort,we ordered chips,rice and curry sauce,whilst waiting on our order I kept hearing an audible beeping from kitchen and door open ing and closing for microwave,I looked through to see the owner take the rice from the microwave,shake it in its container and return it to microwave,I continued to observe and saw the curry sauce also be heated in microwave,removed and stirred and returned to microwave,the owner then sneezed and used his hand,took a piece of blue tissue and wiped his hands on them but never stopped to wash his hands,he sneezed again using he back of his sleeve to cover his mouth,we received the food and left take away,I had said to my other half,she was too polite to complain and insisted I didn’t either,we stopped on way back to eat our takeaway and were shocked this meal came in a noodle box!,opened box to find boiled rice with a tub of curry sauce which tasted like cheap powdered curry sauce!if I had to describe how it looked I would have said an old “pot rice,curry flavour” which I believe isn’t available now!due to not being able to complain I decided to write a review,please look elsewhere for food!

2  Thank Wayne B

Writing a bad review is not the way. If you not happy with the food when you go somewhere, speak to the owner directly. We always cook what the customer like. We can't please everybody but we are here to help and make sure you eat what you like. Boil rice get reheated in Microwave so the rice is not Soggy. We have a open kitchen were customer can see us cooking, How many places do you go you can see the chefs cooking/// We have a clean kitchen and cook to order. The "noodle" box were we served chip, rice and curry sauce is a big box and good value for £4. Next time complain when you have a bad experience . We are human, not recorded message or a after sale sale service.. I do care about our customer and people. We are not a ready meal you buy in a shop and Microwave at home or powder soup or frozen to microwave. We cook fresh and homemade in our day time cafe and Chinese in evening and always cooking for our customers need and satisfactions .