“Quick takeaway walking home”
Review of Rhino Catering

Rhino Catering
Ranked #20 of 33 Restaurants in Aberfeldy
Reviewed 5 February 2018

While staying at a local resort,we went out for a walk around Aberfeldy,we saw Rhino Chinese takeaway,my other half insisted we got food for walking back to resort,we ordered chips,rice and curry sauce,whilst waiting on our order I kept hearing an audible beeping from kitchen and door open ing and closing for microwave,I looked through to see the owner take the rice from the microwave,shake it in its container and return it to microwave,I continued to observe and saw the curry sauce also be heated in microwave,removed and stirred and returned to microwave,the owner then sneezed and used his hand,took a piece of blue tissue and wiped his hands on them but never stopped to wash his hands,he sneezed again using he back of his sleeve to cover his mouth,we received the food and left take away,I had said to my other half,she was too polite to complain and insisted I didn’t either,we stopped on way back to eat our takeaway and were shocked this meal came in a noodle box!,opened box to find boiled rice with a tub of curry sauce which tasted like cheap powdered curry sauce!if I had to describe how it looked I would have said an old “pot rice,curry flavour” which I believe isn’t available now!due to not being able to complain I decided to write a review,please look elsewhere for food!

2  Thank Wayne B
lio237, Owner at Rhino Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Writing a bad review is not the way. If you not happy with the food when you go somewhere, speak to the owner directly. We always cook what the customer like. We can't please everybody but we are here to help and make sure you eat what you like. Boil rice get reheated in Microwave so the rice is not Soggy. We have a open kitchen were customer can see us cooking, How many places do you go you can see the chefs cooking/// We have a clean kitchen and cook to order. The "noodle" box were we served chip, rice and curry sauce is a big box and good value for £4. Next time complain when you have a bad experience . We are human, not recorded message or a after sale sale service.. I do care about our customer and people. We are not a ready meal you buy in a shop and Microwave at home or powder soup or frozen to microwave. We cook fresh and homemade in our day time cafe and Chinese in evening and always cooking for our customers need and satisfactions .

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We were here last weekend on both Friday and Saturday night. We were late arriving on the Friday but Lio the owner was fantastic, food, service and surroundings were great, as was the Saturday night. Such a relaxing place to have dinner. Will definitely be back.

lio237, Owner at Rhino Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

It was nice to speak to you and catch up in general life. you are a great couple and a pleasure to be with . see you in your next visit to Aberfeldy

Reviewed 1 January 2018

On our visit to Aberfeldy while staying in Kenmore, we thought we'd try the newly opened "French Cafe". My wife enjoyed a bowl of French onion soup and I had the vegetarian panini. The setting was friendly, and best of all, dogs were allowed (there were 3 other dogs there!).

Having had a good experience, we came back a few nights later and ordered some Chinese food to go. My wife had the chicken balls and small chicken-rice box while I had the vegetable noodle box with tofu. We both enjoyed our meals and will definitely go back.

lio237, Owner at Rhino Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dogs are always welcome and look after so the owners, parents, can relax in Rhino
See you in your next visit to Aberfeldy

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We were reluctant to eat here due to recent reviews but couldn't find any other Chinese close by whilst at Moness Resort.
We were able to walk to restaurant and although it was quiet it was around half an hour wait for takeaway. This wasn't a problem for us and it shows its freshly cooked to order. We had chicken curry with rice and chicken balls with chips and barbecue sauce. The curry was fine and plenty chicken. The rice had peas in it but that does happen sometimes with Chinese though we don't like them. Chicken balls (sweet and sour) batter was a bit different from what we were used to an a bit greasy though kids just picked chicken out. Chips standard but nice. Price standard so no problems and we would eat here again if in area. Good luck to them if they are a new business.

lio237, Owner at Rhino Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for your visit, All food cook to order. The rice with peas was a egg fried rice, sorry if you did not get what you was expecting. Hope to see you again

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Disappointing. I have bought a few takeaways from here since the Chinese food option opened in October 17. Tonight was very disappointing. Hardly any customers but a 40 minute wait for two chicken fried rice. On arriving home there was hardly any chicken and the rice was actually in a sauce rather than being like a fried rice. The staff were also arguing with each other, so not sure if we will be back. Kids gave it a thumbs down as well.

1  Thank hkgcd

I don't understand your feed back. I cook all the food and a chicken fried rice is not with any sauce. The food is freshly cook and normally done in 10 to 20 minutes by order. If you are local, come to talk to me and will cook for you a free chicken fried rice. Sorry for my staff . They are normally very friendly . We have a lots of regular customer and hope to see you again