“Really Nice”

Ranked #17 of 33 Restaurants in Aberfeldy
Price range: USD 1 - USD 14
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Persian and Mediterranean Restaurant and Takeaway, Nestling in a secluded location in the middle of Aberfeldy, in Highland Perthshire. CheCheks unique style and excellent cuisine combined with the friendly temperament of it's owner and chef make it an excellent choice for both Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Food was lovely, Mezze starter - advised by owner that 2 would be too much for two people and one shared would be just right - and it was good advice, beef stew was lovely and the rice was cooked perfectly - my wife had a kebab and it was delicious- came with chips and salad and was a good portion.

It is a small restaurant - we visited on a Monday night and it was quiet - but might feel claustrophobic on a busy night.

The don’t have a card machine so you will need cash - would certainly recommend it

1  Thank Martin F

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Treat yourself to some great service, fantastic food and a warm feeling.
Take your own alcohol for a small corkage charge, cash only for payment, but neither thing is hard to do to enjoy such good food - have a Meze starter to kick things off in style.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Fantastic Service by the Owner and lovely authentic food. Quirky decor! Cash only. Take your own alcohol for small corkage charge. Prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

We were a little cautious on first entering but with vegetarians and vegans in the party it's hard to find restaurants with many options. The owner was ever so helpful and made recommendations and adaptations to dishes for us. Very nice food, very reasonable for the price.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

This was quite the worst meal that my wife and I have had in 48 years of marriage.!
It was a total disaster with poor food no wine and poor surroundings. I had Piri Piri Chicken which was served in a type of soup which was extremely stringy with some indescribable rice. The sparkling water was served in a Co Op plastic bottle. we did not bother to have anything else and the bill was given to us on a torn off piece or what looked like wall paper. I was unable to read the writing and there were just a scribbled list of figures. The bill came to £35:74 and I was then told that they only accepted cash and so I had to go out to a ATM machine which I have subsequently found charged me for the privilege. Had I have known this I would have deleted it from the bill! I gave the waiter £40 to which he gave me change which when I counted it was short so I asked for the correct amount which he begrudgingly gave me mumbling something about a tip !