“Excellent”

Ranked #17 of 33 Restaurants in Aberfeldy
Price range: USD 1 - USD 14
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Persian and Mediterranean Restaurant and Takeaway, Nestling in a secluded location in the middle of Aberfeldy, in Highland Perthshire. CheCheks unique style and excellent cuisine combined with the friendly temperament of it's owner and chef make it an excellent choice for both Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed in Aberfeldy for 2 nights in April, I had a mixed kebab and my wife had a chicken kebab, both were superb chips were lovely and fresh salad,the owner doesn't have an alcohol license but you can bring your own there is a £3 table charge for this, nice friendly owner, this is a small hidden gem, will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Friends of ours recommended trying this restaurant. Walking through the door we noticed the interesting decor,. We were greeted by lovely smiling man( owner I think). He seated us and after giving us a few minutes to decide, he took our orders. Kids had pizza and burgers... The couple we came with ordered the buffet( pizza with your topping of choice, Chips. Salad. Persian pasta. Donar meat. Persian bread) and we ordered the Persian chicken and lamb dishes with Persian tea. The food was sooo tasty. The dishes tasted fresh and the portions were quite generous. The Turkish bread is absolutely beautiful too.... Next time I will order the bread with the Persian chicken stew and rice. The pizza dough was gorgeous... Light and just yummy. Home made pizza.... I was struck at how accommodating the man was... Extremely hospitable .... Very rare to experience this kind of help/service. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

My wife and I noticed this restaurant yesterday whilst having a walk round the town of Aberfeldy. What especially interested us was the very reasonably priced lunchtime menu.
A small walk up the alleyway/pend brings you to the front door.
Upon entering it was not at all what we expected, but I say this in a good way. It is a small restaurant inside with around eight tables. Quite unusually decorated with the tables set out nicely, and the chairs all have covers. Wall décor is interesting too. Surprisingly we were the only ones in at the time. We were greeted by who I am presuming was the owner and shown to our table.
I had to ask him to explain the lunchtime special menu to us again, as even after reading it, to us it wasn't 100% clear. Basically you can have TWO courses at lunchtime as part of their special menu for £7.50 per head. These two courses can be any combination - for example - a starter and a main, a main and a dessert or a main and a soft drink. The latter option was what we went for.
I chose the doner kebab meat with chips and salad, whilst my wife chose the shish kebab meat with rice and salad, and we each ordered a soft drink.
The wait was not long.
Our lunch arrived, which was a decent plateful, and was thoroughly enjoyed, with the result being two completely empty plates!
We would return, and recommend.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

The restaurant has recently opened up again after a winter break, and we were very much welcomed by the owner. The first thing that hits you is the interesting and unusual decor and as we waited to be served, we had a good look at the many pictures and ornaments. The restaurant does not have an alcohol licence but the owner suggested we could bring our own so we nipped down to the local Co-op to grab a bottle of wine. We were served a lovely and tasty meal – opted for lamb shish and chicken kebabs with rice, and the owner suggested Baklava for dessert, which is a rich sweet pastry held together by honey – delicious!

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Situated just along from the Tourist Information Centre in the Square I was delighted to see the menu boards out on the pavement advertising the delights of this restaurant, and I must say that the menu is interesting and full of tasty goodies at reasonable prices. Sadly however the lights were all out, and remained so for the full week we were in Aberfeldy.

Can they have closed? Are they off on some short break? Did they simply forget to take in their menu boards when they left?

Who knows? Perhaps another reviewer can enlighten us all.

1  Thank johnhouston2