4,521 results
All reviews terrace bar the cottages bedroom cottage duck pond groupon deal self catering cottage swimming pool spa facilities short break steam room superior room main restaurant lovely location hot tub night stay relaxing break great facilities
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Very average stay. Accommodation is in need of an upgrade, pool closed for the majority of the week, beds terrible and pillows like rocks, the situation of Moness is it’s besr feature, could be spectacular if some money was spent on upgrades

2  Thank Jenchal
Reviewed 21 October 2018

We had booked a cottage for 3 (2 adults and a 12yr old) for 2 nights. Upon entering the cottage we were extremely disappointed at the overall cleanliness. The carpets were filthy and heavily stained and all curtains looked dirty and were not hung properly. There was also a chair in the bedroom which was all worn and dirty. Unfortunately the beds were not comfortable and the pillows were like bricks!

1  Thank murray2911
Reviewed 21 October 2018

Moness needs to decide if it wants to be a luxury resort or a budget no frills stopover. At the moment it is trying to be both, which is simply not possible. While the dining at the Flemmyng restaurant is fine, everything else is tailored for the budget traveller. Upon arrival there was one member of staff at reception and three parties trying to check in, guests trying to get their room key and a couple trying to get putters... Clearly understaffed, causing frustration all round. Added to this, we then saw at the reception desk that the swimming pool was closed until further notice. Cue lots of young children running around with nowhere to go, disgruntled parents, and spa visitors immediately disappointed about facilities. The location is excellent and the room was spacious but the décor in the courtyard apartment we stayed in was tired. Despite being mild outdoors it took quite a while for the place to heat up and yet the resort charges for electricity, per unit used. How can this be described as luxury? Our evening meal was disrupted by a fire evacuation, with no explanation and a tiny apology. Then followed complaints from other guests about the main bar suddenly closing at 9pm. The restaurant bar staff said they would only stay open 'for a while.' It is no wonder that many guests decide to give restaurants and bars in the town their custom, rather than staying in the hotel. A shame really that a hotel that has a lot of potential fails to deliver.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed 21 October 2018

Have been before and was lovely. Unfortunately this time pool was cool and then out of service. Apartment tired especially bathrooms and kitchen appliances below standard expected. Location is amazing and staff very friendly.

1  Thank cander899513
Dean J, Manager at Moness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review.

As we advised people onsite at the time, what we hoped would be just a few hours down time unfortunately turned into an issue that for the safety of our guests needed a couple of days work on.

So we then advised people that they could use the local swimming pool free of charge as a gesture of good will from ourselves. We appreciate that this was not ideal, but as an alternative we hope that for the couple of days that the pool was down, families were still able to enjoy the pool experience that they came to the resort for.

Please contact us direct if we can be any assistance at any time.

With Regards
Customer Services Manager

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

My husband, our two young children and I are just back from a 3 night voucher deal in a one bed cottage. Having read the reviews prior to our visit I was not expecting much from our break. We arrived early and although reception was busy we were dealt with quickly and efficiently and given the keys to our cottage. On entering the accommodation I was pleasantly supplied (and believe me I’m fussy). The cottage was extremely spacious and had recently been refreshed. It was extremely clean right down to the inside of the fridge! Yes the furniture was dated but not so old I would make a complaint about it. I’m glad the kids were on the bed settee as an adult could not have slept on it for one night let alone 3! The only issue we really had was that our cottage block (row of 3) did not have a tv aerial, ‘borrowing’ from the adjacent cottages instead. This resulted in a poor tv reception, which give them their due, was dealt with timeously by the maintenance staff although not to a satisfactory outcome. The Wi-fi in the resort is extremely poor and in 2018 this is really not acceptable.

I had been warned the pool was cold but again I managed to survive the temperature the longer I was in. It was no worse than our local pool. The changing rooms are not family friendly (ie separate male and female changing rooms). The floor was dirty and could have done with a good scrub. The 3rd day of our break the pool was out of action and the same men that fixed our tv were in the pool area drilling holes in the floor tiles. Now this is where I have concerns. They were inside in their muddy boots with no overshoes and there was only a 12inch high piece of boarding protecting the pool from the debris. While the men were drilling I could clearly see debris landing in the water. This could have been shards of broken tile and if not cleaned up could have caused injury to anyone subsequently using the pool. One of the spa members of staff could be seen talking to the workmen and I only hope she conveyed her concerns regarding the health and safety issues I witnessed. We departed the next day so not having the use of the pool was not an issue to us, but I definitely would not have used it after witnessing this lack of safety whilst work was carried out.

We ate twice in the Terrace. The first night the service was excellent. I had ordered a salmon and prawn salad. Sadly it was laced in spicy mayo and for me it was too sickly to eat. I was given a large glass of wine in compensation which was appreciated. The second night the service was not so good and my husband received a frozen hash brown with his mixed grill. It was sent back and replaced. The food is of pub standard and varied enough.

Overall this was a 3 star stay in absolutely stunning surroundings. I would have been disappointed if my expectations hadn’t been low to begin with. Saying that I won’t return unless money is spent on the premises to bring it up to at least 4 star standards. It’s a shame as this place has bags of potential to be great. I do hope the owner takes on board the comments that are left regarding their resort.

Trip type: Travelled with family