Seamill Hydro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Waterside Hotel(West Kilbride)
Lauriston Hotel(Ardrossan)
View Hotel
The Kingarth Hotel(Kilchattan Bay)
  • Restaurant
1,656 results
All reviewsorangery restaurantsea viewaura barbuilding workrefurbished roomleisure facilitiesfirst classsauna and steam roomthe main hotelkids clubparty nightlovely hotelrelaxing stayisle of arrangreat nightan overnight staywedding venue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband booked a weekend at the Seamill Hydro as a surprise birthday present. To add to my surprise when we got there, my daughters and their husbands were also there which made the weekend even better.

The rooms overlooked the sea and we had wonderful views of Arran - when the weather allowed us. We had refurbished rooms which were excellent. The breakfasts were excellent and the staff very attentive. The pool was lovely.

There is some building work going on at the moment but it didn't affect our stay at all and I am sure having seen the plans which were displayed, that all the inconvenience that they are having to cope with will all be worthwhile.

I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms have a wonderful view of the Firth of Clyde looking over towards Arran.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I received a voucher for the hotel for Christmas and managed to get a room booked although did have to pay an extra £15 for a twin room (was there with a friend). The room had not been upgraded which was a little disappointing and there was work going on under our first floor window (restaurant extention I think). We had access to the spa which was good although the jacuzzi was cold! We booked into the Aura restaurant and the staff there were extremely attentive and helpful. The food was stunning, We shared our starters which were lovely. I then had the Moules et Frites and my friend had the gratin of smoked haddock. Both meals were absolutely delicious! It was the highlight of our stay. Neither of us slept very well and I put this down to high winds. It was very noisy due to this so no a restful sleep.
Overall a lovely hotel and would like to stay in a refurbished room the next time.

Room Tip: Try and ensure you have a refurbished room. Definitely book into the Aura Restaurant, it was gorgeous!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I would like to say thankyou to Amanda who recommended the cakes and served us with a lovely manner and smile, we will be back

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband and I booked in to the Seamill Hydro for a couple of night for my cousins wedding. I knew that this hotel had a great reputation as I grew up in the local area, but have since moved away, we were not disappointed.

When we arrived we were made to feel very welcome, when booking our room, my husband had forgotten to state that I am gluten intollerant, so when we mentioned this at reception they said it wouldn't be a problem. The room we got was lovely, clean and spacious, no sea view, but that wasn't something we were bothered about, nor had requested.

When we went down to have dinner that evening we explained about my gluten intolerance, we were again assured that this wouldn't be a problem. Our server consulted with the chefs in the kitchen, who advised what I could and could not eat, which still left plenty of choice.

Breakfast the next morning was also very good, it was a buffet style event with plenty of gluten free choices for me, and I was also able to request gluten free toast. We made use of the hotel pool, sauna and jacuzzi on the morning before the wedding, which was really lovely and a great way to relax before the wedding itself. I was also able to book in to get my nails done at very short notice.

The venue is quite famous in the local area for weddings, and the views of the Firth of Clyde make it an ideal back drop for this sort of event.

All in all this is a great hotel, with lovely friendly staff, excellent food and excellent facilities. I would highly recommend a stay at the Seamill Hydro.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Hydro is an ideal place for a short break or a longer holiday with the facilities you would expect of a Spa hotel. It is unpretentious, friendly and well worth the money. Built on the shore at Seamill many rooms have unrestricted sea views. Food is plentiful and well cooked with more than one restaurant. Staff are pleasant and very helpful.

Room Tip: Always ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple