“Not very impressed”
Review of Eden Lodge Hotel - CLOSED

Eden Lodge Hotel
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We went in during our stay in August, thought the sign said food served all day, asked the rather grumpy looking older man behind the bar if they were serving food, was told not until 5 or half 5, this was at around 4.30pm. When I asked him if it was 5 or half 5 as my children were hungry, was told, don't know! Needless to say we left.

3  Thank Claire M
Finola M, Owner at Eden Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. Customer feedback is very important to us at Eden Lodge. I am disappointed and extremely embarrassed to learn about your experience at Eden Lodge. Although we do usually serve food throughout the day, it is sometimes necessary to close the kitchen for a short time between lunch and dinner service, to do some preparation of fresh produce. Clearly, the difficulty you encountered was with a lack of clear information, which is unacceptable. We pride ourselves on the value and quality of our meals for children and I am so sorry that your children were not catered for. I would like to invite you and your children to return to Eden Lodge on your next visit to Arran for a complimentary meal as an apology for this experience.
Kind regards,
Finola

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The food here was very good and value was excellent. The staff were superb. It's a good basic pub (although better than most on Arran) and all the better for that.

2  Thank beeboro
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Have been to the Eden Lodge on many occasions during our visits to Arran. Always found great friendly service, lovely food and a good selection of drinks.
They also provide a great carry
out service. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank Fi77
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Brilliant fantastic excellent dinner we had 1st night 2nd night got raw burger but was quickly sorted due to place being really busy these mistakes happen many thanks to the owner Jo Jo full of fun made feel very welcome will return again thanks

1  Thank Sharonsndchic
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Took my two grand daughters out for a meal during my stay in Whiting Bay on 3rd June this year. Since my last visit which was a few years ago this establishment has undergone a change of ownership and a new look to the dining area. We were met and shown to our table having booked beforehand. Our hostess was very congenial and made all of us feel very welcome. She made the kids feel special and they enjoyed themselves. The food was gorgeous, fish in a beautiful batter, it was magic. My grandkids had a cheese pasta, and another had a Sizzling Fajita. generous portions and the Fajita is next on my list, so many different dips. For starters we shared a big bowl of Nacho's, oh so filling and tasty with a nice guacamole sauce. A couple of glasses of very nice red wine and everyone had a good night. I would heartily recommend this hotel for its hospitality, surroundings and quality of food. I still have ten days left of my holiday and will be returning to this hotel this very weekend.

1  Thank Tim186575