“Godsend on wet day”
Review of The Playbarn

The Playbarn
Ranked #9 of 17 things to do in Brodick
More attraction details
Owner description: Check out the three tier indoor mega softplay, external play & picnic area, teen zone, internet area, big screen tv, juke box & wi -fi.Plus, quality coffees, drinks and snacks available at 'The Trough'.Kids parties and activities also available.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited twice on recent trip due to the weather. First day we went the place was quiet and the kids had a great time. My wife and I got seats and all was well. The second day we visited was a bit different. The place was bursting with children and no seats to be had. Tht said, it's not a complaint more an fyi that it can get very busy. Free for residents and around 5 pounds per child for non residents. The busy day got a bit unsavory at times with a couple of problem children but sadly all soft plays are like that. Speaking to the parent was like talking to a door but again this can happen anywhere. On the busy day there seemed to be only 1 member of staff.

The facility itself is actually very good for the size. There is a lot packed into the small space. The soft play is clean and fresh and there are a few arcade style rides which are payable for.

Overall a great facility for a wet day.

All reviews
in 32 reviews
"toddler"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here on a rainy day whilst on holiday with 3yo and 9mnth yo. The receptionist was very friendly and warned us it was very busy and there was no tables which was fine. However it was very crammed, with people sitting in random spots as they too had no tables. There were much older children running riot, jumping on machines such as air hockey machine etc. There were children hitting other children. There were older children in the baby and toddler section bullying the younger children and throwing balls at them. Where these children's parents were I don't know! I think although it's a parents responsibility to monitor their own kids(we did) there needs to be some sort of supervision from staff monitoring who uses what area. Our baby couldn't enjoy his area as it was overrun with older kids and we didn't feel safe letting our 3 yr old on the other bit as it was just a riot! Not being an over protective parent as a couple other parents voiced their concerns at the behaviour of some of the children that day. We use many soft plays and this is by far the worst run. Busy or not, needs to be some sort of number management. Too many in at one time. Disappointed but my wee boy enjoyed the 20 mins we could only bare staying for out of the 2 hour session we paid for.

David M, Guest Relations Manager at The Playbarn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Kate S,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent visit to the Playbarn, your feedback is invaluable in helping us monitor and improve the experience we provide.

The events described are saddening and I would like to apologise for disappointment caused. The lack of parental control or presence is frustrating and has ruined what should be an enjoyable time for other (well behaved) children. I agree that our team should have been more vigilant and the relevant manager will discuss this with her team to ensure we do what we can to avoid such situations re-occurring in the future.

I would appreciate if you could email me (gsm@auchrannie.co.uk) with some details on when you visited which will allow me to investigate further.

Kind Regards,
David M

Reviewed 3 March 2018

My Grandson thoroughly enjoys his time in the play barn during our visits to Auchrannie. It's nice and clean and caters for toddlers and older children too.

1  Thank neesyt
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We were here during our stay in Auchrannie with our 19 month old grandson. What a great play area. Not only did he have such a great time but given that it was so quiet midweek, we also got in on the action