Review Highlights
Great place

We were recently visiting Arran and looking for something to do with our 2yr old grandson. I had... read more

Reviewed 13 September 2018
jacqid2017
Glasgow, United Kingdom
via mobile
Nice facility.

Reviewed 3 March 2018
neesyt
Manchester, United Kingdom

All reviews soft play play barn great facility rainy day air hockey per child older children great play area grown ups visited twice recent trip excellent facilities playpark toddler godsend caters fab
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here on a rainy day whilst on holiday with 3yo and 9mnth yo. The receptionist was very friendly and warned us it was very busy and there was no tables which was fine. However it was very crammed, with people sitting in random spots as they too had no tables. There were much older children running riot, jumping on machines such as air hockey machine etc. There were children hitting other children. There were older children in the baby and toddler section bullying the younger children and throwing balls at them. Where these children's parents were I don't know! I think although it's a parents responsibility to monitor their own kids(we did) there needs to be some sort of supervision from staff monitoring who uses what area. Our baby couldn't enjoy his area as it was overrun with older kids and we didn't feel safe letting our 3 yr old on the other bit as it was just a riot! Not being an over protective parent as a couple other parents voiced their concerns at the behaviour of some of the children that day. We use many soft plays and this is by far the worst run. Busy or not, needs to be some sort of number management. Too many in at one time. Disappointed but my wee boy enjoyed the 20 mins we could only bare staying for out of the 2 hour session we paid for.

Date of experience: April 2018
David M, Guest Relations Manager at The Playbarn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Kate S,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent visit to the Playbarn, your feedback is invaluable in helping us monitor and improve the experience we provide.

The events described are saddening and I would like to apologise for disappointment caused. The lack of parental control or presence is frustrating and has ruined what should be an enjoyable time for other (well behaved) children. I agree that our team should have been more vigilant and the relevant manager will discuss this with her team to ensure we do what we can to avoid such situations re-occurring in the future.

I would appreciate if you could email me (gsm@auchrannie.co.uk) with some details on when you visited which will allow me to investigate further.

Kind Regards,
David M

Reviewed 3 March 2018

My Grandson thoroughly enjoys his time in the play barn during our visits to Auchrannie. It's nice and clean and caters for toddlers and older children too.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank neesyt
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We were here during our stay in Auchrannie with our 19 month old grandson. What a great play area. Not only did he have such a great time but given that it was so quiet midweek, we also got in on the action

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We used during our short stay at the hotel. Neat and clean, fab options and play area. My 17-month-old boy loved it here and I had my first taste of the Isle of Arran ice cream.

I would highly recommend

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Grandkids visited the Playbarn while visiting the Island. Excellent facilities, modern safe and clean......kids love it. What more can you say !

Date of experience: August 2017