Review of Deep Sea World

Deep Sea World
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep Sea World is located underneath the iconic Forth Rail Bridge, in the quaint village of North Queensferry. Deep Sea World is one of the premier attractions in Scotland, offering fun for the whole family, no matter what their age. Come along and see our spectacular underwater tunnel and come face to face with one of Europe's largest collection of Sand Tiger sharks and even dive with them...If you're feeling brave enough!
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I've been before and today I went again with my toddler daughter.

It's not changed much in the years between. The place feels dirty. The outside impact is that of a bunker, it's not welcoming. The rooms in the attraction feel cobbled together.

That said... the fish are great. They have quite a variety. They lack the wandering about expert who just pops up to chat with the kids. They have guided tours and for an older kid they sounded excellent from what i heard. I think my daughter is just a bit young. They could do with a spot for tots to sit and look at really colourful fish, although she had a ball running about. The tunnel is great.

This place needs an injection of cash and some decoration. It needs a new entrance hall that goes up to the car park. It needs to be more welcoming. The cafe was ok, but had the bus terminal cafe feel, not a destination feel. Given the price to enter, you expect more.

It does what it says on the tin. It's a good deep sea educational experience. It lacks polish though.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,449)
All reviews
"bearded dragon"
in 24 reviews
"marine life"
in 20 reviews
"staff were very friendly"
in 16 reviews
in 114 reviews
in 26 reviews
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Been there recently with family and friends love all the different kind of fish,baby sharks , seahorses, frogs. Their was a live sea lion feeding session which my daughter loved the most. I was amazed by the glass cave where you can walk underneath and all sorts of different fish including sharks are swimming above your head.worth visiting.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Scotland suffers from a lack of quality indoor attractions. Given the weather, you would hope people would make a real effort to create them...! Alas, DSW falls short.

My 2 boys (6 and 2) had a pretty decent time of it in all but after about 1.5 hours, were ready to go. We avoided eating in the cafe (drinks only) and spent most time in the tunnel or gift shop.

It hasn't really changed since we were there about 5 years ago and even with the offers, it was a relatively expensive trip.

It would be good to know what investment is being made and when improvements are likely. A long hard look at the comments here would be a good start along with a full shut down and refurb of the cafe.

It could be a great place to visit but seems to lack vision and direction.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Having for years seen the signposts we finally got to Deep Sea World. Sadly it didn’t live up to what I was expecting/hoping for. I found many of the static tanks a bit boring - maybe layout maybe fish numbers. The moving walkway was quite good though I’ve been to others that I thought better. The outside pool with the seals although clean did strike me as a bit on the small side for them. All that said kids with families seemed to be having a great time . Cafe and toilets clean and ok .

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Just back home from deep sea world. With our grandaughter. Although it was great to see the fish. What happened to the pool where you could touch things. We thought we would have lunch here. The chips were cold and when I asked for hot ones the look I got. I also got a wrap that was supposed to have chicken on it I think they just showed the wrap the chicken. Hubby had ciabatta with chicken and chorizo it was dry and horrible. Barely any choice no burger or that like it says when you first come in. The menu really needs sorted