Review Highlights

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
alisterbe
Hopeman, United Kingdom
Tatty & expensive

Went with daughter’s partners son. Looked as it had done 20+ years ago but scruffier. Display... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Hal M
Ballantrae, United Kingdom
via mobile

1,546 results
All reviews shark dive sea creatures behind the scenes bearded dragon marine life staff were very friendly feeding times forth rail bridge talks rays spectators wee
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We arrived and basically in 20 minutes were leaving it’s a very small set up much less than the likes of sea life centres and at £15 extremely over priced should have been £4.99 and I wouldn’t be complaining . I was hoping to be here for a good hour or two , such a shame I’d rather have spent the money in Edinburgh!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner surprised me with a voucher for a shark dive for my birthday. It was something I wanted to do, and wasn’t nervous. The training was very, very rushed. It made sense at the time, but for a first time diver, it was far too rushed. The instructor told us which options to tick (true or false) on the official training assessment form.
When I got in the training tank, I couldn’t get the hang of breathing using the equipment. It’s all well and good saying “bite and breathe”, but it’s a skill which needs more practice, not 2 minutes. We were already delayed due to someone forgetting his medical form. I had to make the decision to abort.
I feel very guilty as it was quite a pricey gift. A bit more time in the training tank getting the hang of it might have helped.
Don’t get me wrong, the staff were polite, and the shark tunnel was great as a spectator.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

"Deeply disappointing seaworld" would be a better name.
A complete rip off: limited activities for the price, we were finished in 15minutes.
Many tanks were empty, the lagoon looks like a stagnent pool and the facilities feel uncared for.
I really cannot understand this being a "premier attraction in Scotland".

1  Thank Ben L
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently went to the MacDuff Marine Aquarium and although much smaller than Deep Sea World, I felt it was much better in a lot of ways. The only thing that Deep Sea World scored on was the size of the big tank and the big sharks in it. It was still a pleasant but expensive couple of hours.

1  Thank alisterbe
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Spent £60 for admission for 2 adults, 2 tweens and 8 year old. Badly in need of moving with the times and having some interaction with new technology and features. The stagnant water at the entrance area with 2 dead birds floating in it on the way in should have been a sign to me. Then parted with the best part of £40 in the cafe for very poor quality lunch. Travelled from Glasgow and was home within a few hours such was the level of attraction. Would much rather have paid equivalent and went to Edinburgh Zoo instead for the full day. Shame the seahorse feed session and shark feed session didn’t happen on time either as missed both “events”. Noticed a Scottish Tourism 4 ⭐️ rating which must have been from 20 years ago. Really disappointed to finish school mid term on this note.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Starting with the positives, the staff are highly knowledgeable and clearly passionate about their charges. They were keen to engage guests to educate and created some lovely memories for our young visitor. The underwater tunnel was a fantastic facility and the highlight of our visit. Admission was over priced (in the same price range as Edinburgh Zoo which has far far more), but I at least felt it was enjoyed.

Then we got food. We were charged £9 for a small bowl of mac and cheese, some chips and bit of rocket. The pasta was clearly made with synthetic cheese and wasn’t pleasant to eat at all. You get better at a chippy. One of our number ordered what was advertised as a falafel burger. After a long wait, a burger with three small charcoaled bits of falafel (rather than an actual burger) arrived. It was burned on the outside and barely cooked on the inside. We took it back only to be told “we can remake it, but it will be the same. That’s just how we make it”. We were offered a replacement (not suitable as this guest had specific dietary requirements) but not a refund. The kids meal box looked good, until we opened the ham sandwich to find it only half buttered and a token piece of ham. It was mostly bread

The next day we had a similar meal at Edinburgh Zoo for the same price, but FAR nicer, served with care and pride, and with quicker service

Go for the fish if you can afford it. Don’t go near the cafe.

1  Thank Joshua M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went with daughter’s partners son.
Looked as it had done 20+ years ago but scruffier.
Display good but venue badly needs updating.
Price difficult to justify & makes it an expensive day out for family

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Admission fees are absolutely shocking for whats on offer - A small, run down aquarium. It needs a good clean and a lick of paint. We walked around it in about 45 minutes. It is not good value for money at all.

With the shocking prices and obvious limited investment, I cant help but wonder where all the money is going?. Someone is obviously making a good living out of it , I doubt its the staff.

One bright note - ( I noticed another review also picked up on this) - the young guy that did the bearded dragon talk. He was excellent and obviously knowledgeable and passionate about animals. I really enjoyed listening to him. He is wasted in this setting Hopefully someone will recognise his talents and give him a better gig.

1  Thank steve m
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My grandson loved the sharks and the aquarium but the whole place looks tired and bafly needs a refurb. Sorry to the staff in the cafe have not got a clue and the menu is very tiny. Would hate to see it busy think chaos would ensue.

2  Thank Gary C
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I've been to deep sea world a couple of times and never get bored of seeing the vast amount of fish and other animals they have on show. Recently I was given the shark dive they offer as a birthday present and it was an experience of a lifetime. The instructor was such a nice bloke and made you feel at ease. When you actually get into the tank you get the true scale of everything and it will just blow you away.