“Not good value, very dated, needs an overhaul ”
Review of Deep Sea World

Deep Sea World
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep Sea World is located underneath the iconic Forth Rail Bridge, in the quaint village of North Queensferry. Deep Sea World is one of the premier attractions in Scotland, offering fun for the whole family, no matter what their age. Come along and see our spectacular underwater tunnel and come face to face with one of Europe's largest collection of Sand Tiger sharks and even dive with them...If you're feeling brave enough!
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Nearly £50 for a 4 year old and two adults to visit here. Way overpriced for what it is.

I remember coming here about 10 years ago and thinking the same regarding the price. Yet it was exactly the same, modernization so what do they spend the money on.

It was busy when we were here so they are obviously making a good bit of money.

Really you can go round the whole thing in about 15 mins. So it is worth going to the talks and the seal show this will help you spend around 2 hours there, but honestly can’t see how a whole day can be spent here. When I’m spending that kind of money that is what I expect.

The staff were friendly and very informative which was a saving grace but they are being badly let down by the other facilities.

1  Thank Saw2009
Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

I found this attraction to be very educational for my children. The staff were great! Extremely friendly and knowledgable, especially Keith who although he seemed very busy took time to chat to my son about the turtle. He is an asset to the company!
The sea lion show was fantastic you can really see the bond between the animals and their keepers. We have taken our children a number of times and they thoroughly enjoy it. Booked my son a dive with the sharks a few years ago and he still raves about it!! The cafe is quite expensive for what is served however if you are looking for an educational trip to entertain the kids on a Sunday this is the place.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Badly needing a lot of care and attention as place now looks run down and tired. The main attraction of the marine tanks were certainly good with plenty of species to catch your eye (including the sharks) . At £15 a head though it's expensive for what you see. The additional recreation areas for the kids to play on the "ride on" cars were not working, I suspect they are still geared for the old coins, which again throws suspicion to the place being neglected. As for the cafe, DONT, the food is shocking and once again expensive, £20 for a burger ( being kind here calling it a burger but was more like a dehydrated piece of cardboard with weathered salad which was turning yellow!) and a paltry piece of fish and chips. The food itself was served lukewarm. This is supposed to be a 4 star accredited attraction by Visit Scotland but suspect Visit Scotland have not been back here for a considerable time. This place could once again be a great place to visit with a bit of TLC to it and sensible pricing but as it is just now, Its not worth the money nor the effort to visit the place which is a real shame.

2  Thank harrygilfillan
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We enjoy going to places like this but was gutted with this place the one at loch lomond is £5 cheaper per person and theres more to do, we were in in out with in an hour its very poor, we went to one of the talks about seahourses couldnt understand the girl as she had the mic to close to her mouth, honestly guys go to sea life at loch lomond more things to do theres rock pools where you can touch creatures really good plus the cafe is cheaper

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We visited deep sea world today - not visited since i was really young. My friend had an annual pass so I managed to get 10% off @ £13.50 which to be honest is still expensive for this attraction.

The place is quite small and we made it round in 30-45mins - taking our time. At a push you could probably stretch it out to an hour. Which if you compare to Edinburgh Zoo where the entrance price is about the same isnt value for money as you can easily spend a whole day at the zoo,

The enclosures/ tanks appear to be modest in size - which i suppose is fine for fish, but there was a turtle in tank that appeared too small for its size. Likewise the seal enclosure is pretty small too.

I have visited seaworld in Flordia and know there is a big issue regarding enclosure sizes there and feel there is a similar if not worse issue for the seals here.

The aquarium which is the main draw of the attraction seemed to be the best presented - however audio interaction was a bit hard to hear.

Considering the entry fee I would question what percentage of takings were re-invested in the centre as there are many improvements that could be made in my opinion.

We stay nearby (within 30mins) but if we had travelled from further afield I'd be more disappointed by our experience. Whilst the staff were friendly and helpful I wouldn't recommend this to friends/family for a day out - as the zoo and blair drummond nearby are much better value for money.

The sealife centre has the potential to be a great asset as 'scotlands best sealife attraction' but this can only be achieved through reinvestment - which is much needed