Free cancellation until 25/07
USD 131
USD 105
Official Site
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 133/night.

Rayanne House(Holywood)
USD 97
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssitting areaulster fryjack russellon arrivalprivate sitting roomlovely hostsirelandprivacy
Reviewed 5 October 2015

This was our first time staying in a B&B and it was a lovely experience. Ken and Anna made us feel very welcome, as did Maxie the dog! The bedroom was comfy and so quiet. The breakfast was honestly among the best I have had & certainly much better than many hotels I have stayed in - fresh fruit, cereal, fresh juices,beautiful home baked bread and scones and a delicious Ulster fry. I would highly recommend Anna's House and wish Anna and Ken many more successful years in what is clearly so much more than a business to them.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2015

First - I've now read all the other reviews and would make a couple of observations about these to start with:

1. Overall the responses to Anna's House were wonderful - and I agree!
2. Traditional B&B's are in someone's home!!! Have some people forgotten this? (But they are also now advertised as such in "gastro pubs with rooms" and where the owners live off site and you're on your own at night !) Plus they can be on a farm; in a terrace; and - as with Anna's House - they may be next to a farmyard and also overlooking a lake!
2. The price is on a par with other B&B's in Northern Ireland - and actually was the least that we paid on our holiday.
3. As for the reviewer who complained about the room and the dog - did they mention all this to Anna and Ken? I very much doubt it, Anna and Ken would have been mortified that their guests were not happy - and if necessary put things right. (I'm not keen on dogs but Max is well behaved).

So to my review - my husband and I stayed 4 nights.

Welcome - we had a wonderful warm welcome with tea and biscuits and were introduced to another couple who had just arrived - that was after we regained our speech having been ushered into the Music Room (wow - what a view!)

Bed - we stayed in the Yellow Room at the back overlooking the lake and garden (lovely) - it was fresh, attractive, well furnished and spotless - the linen pillowcases were lovely! Very comfy bed. The bathroom was small and with a shower - which I knew when I booked. A friend stayed two nights in the Blue Room which was larger and with a bath in the en suite - again very attractive.

Breakfast - was great - with freshly baked scones and bread. Irish cooked breakfast (don't forget you have to book in advance if you want anything else such as kppers etc.) but also freshly chopped mixed fresh fruit each day; Anna's super apricots with fresh ginger; cereals; etc. It is served at a large table in the dining room - this is plenty big enough if you don't feel like chatting to other guests but also rather nice to share plans for the day and pick up tips!

Location - Sat nav takes you to the road but not to the exact house/ driveway - which is fine if it's daylight but not so easy in the dark! It is in a really interesting area and lots to see and do - even in the rain!

Dinner - three fabulous busy eateries nearby and they all bent over backwards to accommodate guests from Anna's House.

Anna and Ken - well what can I say? They are a delight. Not in the first flush of youth (as another reviewer found it necessary to note although you can see that on the website) - but because of that they are obviously even more interesting; have had/ are having fascinating lives; are well informed about the area; have lots of experience and so are highly professional. They do have other colleagues working with them - particularly at busy times. They are very kind and interested in their guests - but equally know only too well if you need peace. It is of course so very generous that the amazing Music Room was for our use.

Finally - Anna's House is a delight. It is the home of Anna and Ken. My husband and I greatly liked them. We felt safe - and as a solo traveller very often, this is very important for me. We felt that we had excellent value for money - the B&B of course - plus the added value of the Music Room, the view and such charming hosts.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank EdwinaCarmarthen
Reviewed 4 July 2015

My second stay in the wonderful Anna's House . Had booked to eat in Balloo House and stayed the night here . I simply love it here . Anna and Ken are wonderful friendly hosts and make you feel very welcome . The house itself has beautiful views over the lake and it is a lovely spot to catch the afternoon and evening sun . Breakfast was delicious with home made fruit salad and bannana scones followed by a delicious Ulster fry . Comfy room and bed and nice shower . Price very reasonable too . Garden is beautiful for a wander in - Max the dog was very entertaining and fun to play with . Those looking for 5 star opulence and luxury spas can go elsewhere but this is a lovely spot from which to explore Strangford Lough and Comber area . Great selection of local restaurants from Balloo house to the Poachers Pocket and The Old School House . Will go back again for sure next time I am in Comber . The best of Irish hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Taipanmamba
Reviewed 22 June 2015

We stayed at Anna's House on a recent trip to see where my grandparents grew up. It was wonderful to stay in the beautiful countryside with such great hosts. The breakfast was amazing each morning with fresh fruit salad and an Ulster fry that had the potato bread just like Grannie used to make. The room was bright and cosy. Ken had a wealth of knowledge for any queries we had and Anna went above and beyond to ensure we saw the best of the area. Her dinner recommdations were superb. We recommend this B&B highly!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eva A
Reviewed 21 June 2015

I stayed a whole week here exploring Belfast, County Down and Armagh city. Its located off a minor road about half a mile west of Lisbane, which itself is 4 miles south of Comber. The approach is via a long shared driveway (the hedges of which are not overgrown - contrary to what was stated in an earlier review). The location is idyllic, with views of the rolling countryside in most directions, and my bedroom (Yellow) overlooked the back garden and Lough Tullynagee.

Ken and Anna have a large front garden which is also worth exploring, there are a number of terracotta figures here and around the house sculpted by one of their sons. Its all very quiet - again, contrary to an earlier report, I did not hear any overnight noise from the pump of their ground power heating system.

The house is magnificent, having a large modern extension added to a more traditional, but modernised farmhouse. My room was comfortable and the bed was one of the most comfy I have ever slept in. My only complaint about is that to get to 2 of the rooms (yellow and the twin), you have to walk through Ken's study or the kitchen. Each room has its own mini fridge, which was very useful for my diabetic stuff. Wi-fi was good.

The extension partly comprises a very large lounge with superb views out over the surrounding countryside and the lough. Two of the bedrooms (green and blue) open directly onto this and have their own balcony areas. In one corner is a superb mid grand Yamaha piano which you are encouraged to play. The piano is concert standard and the acoustics of the room are perfect - but do take your own music. Ken is very much into music, although he does't play he has sung in the Down Cathedral Choir in the past. There are a wide selection of books to read, which reflect the owners' own wide range of interests.

Both Ken and Anna have had very interesting lives and are a delight to talk to. You will need to make a few allowances for them as they are both 'getting on a bit', but they love their house and enjoy what they do. When its busy, some extra help is on hand. To an extent, you'll feel part of their family while you are here, especially if you stay more than a couple of nights, this is partly due to the house layout, but also due to Ken and Anna themselves, who are very nice people.

Breakfasts are lovely, especially Anna's freshly baked scones and the various fruit salads. Anna did some laundry for me.

As for evening meals, the Poacher's Pocket in Lisbane itself is a good up-market pub-restaurant, in similar vein is the TT bistro approx half a mile north of the main square in Comber. There is another restaurant in the main square plus Mcbrides, which is cheaper but nevertheless satisfactory. Not all of these are open every night. There are a few other eateries mentioned on their website, but they tend to be quite pricey.

This was a very enjoyable stay, convenient for all my planned destinations. Getting to the Titanic building in Belfast took just 22 minutes leaving at 9.10 am on a weekday. All in all it is a place that I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo