USD 134
Meadowview B&B(Ballymena)
USD 102
Slemish Barn(Ballymena)(Great Value!)
3,905 results
All reviewsthermal villagegillies restauranthot tubgin barriver viewfour seasonsitalian restaurantafternoon teadeluxe roomroom restaurantthermal suiteoutdoor jacuzzicomplimentary mini barphantom housecupcakesturn down servicefrom start to finish
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Recently visited the Galgorm Resort and Spa. The place is full of scenic views and has such s nice atmosphere throughout the entirety of the hotel.
The Spa and Thermal Village is one of the unique points of the hotel and they have to be seen to be believed.
Great experience from start to finish.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I've stayed at Galgorm before and had really good experiences and my husband left a great review but after our most recent visit I felt a little disappointed and wanted to leave an honest review of our visit this time.

I took my husband on the deluxe spring package for his 30th birthday. Galgorm is expensive but I always have found it worth it before for the luxury and care you receive.

The welcome from the lovely doorman and check in were good, I do think 3pm is a very late check in time for such an expense but we were able to use the spa until our room was ready which is a nice touch. Our room was spacious with a nice view and lovely chocolates and snacks/drinks but it did feel a little grubby as there were crisp crumbs all over the floor beside the little table and we also found a hairclip on the floor which made me wonder if the room had been hoovered.

The spa was lovely to visit, very luxurious and not too crowded. Some cubicles in the changing rooms would be a welcome addition as not everyone feels comfortable changing in the open space and wresting into a swimming costume in a toilet cubicle is a squeeze! We had a lovely time in the spa, though I used one of the showers afterwards and it was full of clumps of hair, a hair bobble and a few shower caps and it felt a bit grubby.

The meal included with our package was in Gillies. Having eaten in The River Room before we were excited to try something new but the experience was very different. The service was friendly but extremely slow (when the restaurant didn't appear very busy) and our steaks were both very overcooked. Having waited for them so long we didn't want to complain. We still enjoyed our meals and the portions were very generous. Breakfast in Gillies the next morning was lovely and I can't fault it. Great food and selection.

Sadly I can't say we had a pleasant night's sleep because as on previous visits, the room was absolutely boiling. We opened the windows when we checked in and left them open until we left but still were very warm and both woke several times through the night feeling warm and stuffy.

Overall we both left feeling a little disappointed, there was nothing major but just a lot of little details which is where The Galgorm usually shines. For such a special occasion we felt a little let down.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Claire M
CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry to hear about the issues that you experienced and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you. I would be grateful if you could contact me at crobb@galgorm.com

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic stay at the galgorm!! Yes it is expensive but you get what you pay for!! Welcomed at the door by Maurice and what a lovely welcome it was!! A real gentleman!! Then on inside to the beginning of 2 nights of pure bliss!! Everyone was so friendly and nothing was any bother!! The room was clean and beds comfy!! Had a complimentary mini bar which was great! Not many places do that!! Even had a turn down service where they left a little chocolate on the pillow and a fresh bottle of water and a glass!! Ate in both Fratellis and The Gillies! Both places the food was exceptional! Loved the gin bar!! The young guy in the gin bar with dark hair ( I wish I could remember his name) was fantastic and knew all about gins!! Just a lovely relaxing wee bar! As for the spa it was just a little slice of heaven!! Spent all day down there on the 2nd day and treated ourselves to the serenity experience which was just the best!! I could go on about this place forever but all as you need to do is get booking if you want to let your hair down and relax!! This really must be what heaven is like Needless to say il be back!!

Stayed: April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to relax and avail of all the facilities that the Resort has to offer.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Great venue here, was here for a wedding however I wish now I had come along earlier to make use of the facilities and go exploring, photos of the spa area made it look pretty excellent. Bring your cheque book though.. drinks are not the cheapest.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This hotel surly has the best spa facilities we have seen all set in the rolling hills of County Antrim serenaded by the Maine river dancing over smooth rocks close by. It is served by two first class restaurants and a cosy bar/cocktail bar which is split over three levels, supplies a good selection of draft beers etc. and often has live entertainment.

Room Tip: Wheelchair users should stay in the main hotel as Fisherman's cottages are unsuitable
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple