All reviews restaurant with rooms steam shower booked dinner function room evening reception a tiny bit mature trees ample portions tv with freeview continental breakfast was included attention to detail lovely room caring staff on arrival full english other guests stayed here for one night
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We have been going for many years when we are celebrating as it's such a delight. The food is wonderful and as I'm a Vegertarian it's great to have lovely meals, as in other restaurants it's very rare.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
James C, Owner at Les Bouviers Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for your review - we're always to accommodate any kind of dietary requirements so we're delighted our vegetarian choices meet with your approval!

Reviewed 30 July 2018

The hotel staff are welcoming but a bit startled, especially the younger weekend staff who can't really answer any questions on basic stuff like wifi or menus.

For the price we paid I was expecting a boutique style finish but it was 80's chinz with fake flowers and bowls of fake fruit gathering dust at every turn.

Our room was 'comfortable' but the mattress too soft (personal preference), pillows horribly lumpy and decor over the top. Bathroom was amazingly clean and whilst still in the 80s style, the steam shower was fab. They need to sell that more.

What was odd was that we had a table for two in our room, presumably for dining, but the menu from the restaurant' implied that only sandwiches were available 'in room' so that didn't make sense. Why not use the space in the room for .... space! ...and make it feel luxurious. The room just felt disjointed and not sure what it wanted to be on top of being massively 80s style.

At breakfast we were greeted with an immediate "passive aggressive" attitude of "we were expecting to see you last night for dinner and would have at that time confirmed your breakfast plans if you'd bothered to show up (a choice we had apparently, or not it seems) but seeing as you didn't we've had to guess your breakfast choice". We'd actually told the girl upon checking in what our breakfast choice was but the proprietor had not bothered to check and just seemed highly strung and annoyed.

All in all it's not a bad place but it's soooooo not worth £200 of anyone's money and if they are targeting a wedding market (as they appear to be) they need to move with the times and update their decor. I would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Tiffany F
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We visited the beautiful house of Les Bouviers on a Saturday night, for a dinner. My daughter treated us for a special evening.
We were welcomed, and escorted on to the patio for cocktails. An enjoyable pimms with assorted nuts. The meal was delicious , all home made, a three course meal.
Very good service. I recommend the meal and a stay bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
LesBouviers, Front Office Manager at Les Bouviers Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Ruth

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your special evening with us and hope to see you again very very soon!

Kind regards,
The team at Les Bouviers

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My wife found this restaurant with rooms whilst surfing the internet as we wanted to visit some old family who moved down to Dorset in the last 6 months, so I took a quick glance at the website and thought yes that looks good. I phone and spoke to a young lady who covered and answered my booking questions very well, so we booked Saturday and Sunday night, the room boasted a balcony which suited us, as we have love of sitting on a balcony and just relaxing and they allowed dogs which is a great bonus.

So, we arrived and was meet by a lovely lady who checked us in and showed us our room. The room itself Is lovely, however it does need a little maintenance to get it up to standard, which wasn’t a major problem but for the cost of it I think it should be perfect! The television does need something sorted as the reception isn’t the best but not the end of the world!
The evening meal, well I have eaten better food elsewhere I doubt it, it was the best food I have eaten other than in my own home, the scallops were epic and my main the venison was just beautiful, my wife’s meal was equally impressive, even if you just come to Dorset and just dine here then you will leave a happier person, I can’t emphasise it enough, pure quality dining. A very good choice on the menu and the wine menu was plentiful, maybe to much choice.

Breakfast was impressive and tasty, lovely cooked English , fruit, toast, pastries, juice of choice and lovely coffee. I think the extra £5.00 you pay for the full English is well worth it. Both days it was truly wonderful.

The staff are welcoming and friendly, nothing is too much trouble, the are all keen to please, look professional as show pride and passion in their workplace which doesn’t go unnoticed.

The grounds are very pleasant to walk around, some small parts need a little maintenance which would make a difference in appearance, little details make a difference to the overall ambiance of the place. I would have loved some sun lounges out to relax on, there is certainly enough space for them.

So, would I visit again, most certainly, a restful and relaxing location with wonderful food and caring staff, I would expect the small maintenance issues to be resolved.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comprehensive and positive review - we're so happy you enjoyed your stay. Just to let you know we will be refurbishing our rooms in the Autumn so we hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We arrived Friday night and took over all 6 bedrooms for the two nights, and then the two families (11 of us) had a lovely continental breakfast together Saturday morning. We all got ready at Les Bouviers and then headed off to Merley Orangery for my son's wedding. Then headed back to Les Bouviers for the evening reception and disco. On the Sunday morning, again the two families had a lovely relaxed full English breakfast before we all headed home. The rooms were lovely, the bathrooms amazing and being a relatively small hotel it had a really nice relaxed, homely atmosphere. Kate and her staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble, she even helped me (the Groom's Mother) to do my hair. I think there were about 65 guests which was a nice number for the function room. Thank you Kate for a wonderful weekend.

Stayed: May 2018

It was a pleasure to accommodate you and we're so pleased we helped to make such a wonderful weekend more memorable. Thanking you for taking the time to write such a lovely review - I will pass your​ comments on to Kate and the team, they will be delighted!