“TUCK & TAVERN.4.”

Ranked #21 of 62 Restaurants in Wareham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The ‘Silent Woman Inn’ cold harbour, Wareham.
Now this pub brings back memories to me, used to take my boys there for Sunday lunch, couldn’t do it these day, no children allowed in the restaurant or bar. The restaurant staff are welcoming and efficient, shown to a table in lovely surroundings, very clean and tidy. The order was taken and the food didn’t take long be served, on warm plates and well-proportioned and prepared. I had Lambs liver and onions, vegetables, mashed potatoes and gravy, really very nice. Lin had Sausage mash, peas and gravy, both thought the mash was great. If you’re harassed grandchildren in the holidays, the pub can offer a tiny escape for a while, until you get your breath back.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have visited the pub a few times, it has always served up freshly cook, good quality, reasonably priced food. A friendly welcome. Booking can be necessary (which says it all)

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Have eaten here several times and always had an excellent meal. Staff are very friendly and service is very quick. The Inn is very quaint and at this time of the year has a welcoming log fire.

1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Especially attracted to this pub for the fact it has a no child policy, ambience lovely real old traditional pub feel. Staff really welcoming and attentive. Food was amazing so lovely to find a pub that serves good home cooked food as apposed to mass produced rubbish. Had prawn cocktail to start which was really tasty and full of plump prawns then steak pie which was delicious so would highly recommend this pub, thoroughly enjoyable experience :0)

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

It is such a shame for me to post a more than positive review about this place. The setting is perfect the design and ambience is fantastic and the parking is perfect.. unfortunately for me that’s where it ends. I will go through our food order my wife had prawn cocktail I know very 1970 but she enjoys it. However frozen prawns when you have fresh prawns on the menu I had whiskey flavoured pate only it had no flavour at all let alone whiskey. Then came the main Basque a very poor version of stir fry. On to desert I didn’t bother my wife had Baileys flavour brûlée only it had caught and had no flavour of Baileys. I’m sure the Restruant will respond and I should have raised my disaffection but why should I have to. I listen to complaints all day long I don’t expect to take my wife out to dinner and have to go chasing the manager because I am unhappy. All in all nice place for a pint, that’s it.

3  Thank Bruno222