“Superb Lunch”

The Swan Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I popped in on a busy Saturday lunchtime and ordered a ‘Little Man Burger’ each. The burgers are all home made and did not disappoint. They certainly don’t cheat on the extras (cheese, mushrooms, gherkins and Onion Rings) either and the chips and side salad are both plentiful and extremely tasty too.

Washed down with a pint of Guinness, this was a superbly tasty meal.

Having also tried the Scampi, Liver and Onions and (sublime) Fillet Steak, and the fact that we have never had a bad meal here in many visits, we can both heartily recommend The Swan Inn for a superb meal whatever the occasion.

1  Thank Dave S

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Service was good and friendly. Wide range of food and prices. Good quality. Dog made very welcome. Carpeted

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Sunday lunch at the Swan was a pleasurable experience, we opted for the two course deal, we both had roast beef with all the trimmings, this was beautifully presented, tasted delicious, and just as important, was served piping hot. The staff are cheerful, and nothing is too much trouble.

We chose different desserts, I had banoffee pie and my partner had rhubarb crumble, again beautifully presented, and tasted scrummy. Will definitely be visiting again for the Sunday lunch. We have also dined in the evening at the Swan and it was equally as good on each visit.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

My wife and I dropped in for Sunday Lunch. Very quiet at 1pm, friendly staff. Beer OK if you like Hall & Woodhouse.
Both had roasts (beef or lamb)- catering style meat of the "boil in a bag" type" large, rather pale roast potatoes and OK veg covered in standard brown liquid. The sort of mediocre fare served in thousands of pubs.
Puddings were nice. Overall, reasonable value at £12 for 2 courses.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

I chose scampi, chips and peas. Well cooked and very quick service. Really impressed. Prices were very reasonable and I asked for quick service as was going out and it arrived in no time at all.