“Good choice and sensibly priced.”
Review of The Swan Inn

The Swan Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I chose scampi, chips and peas. Well cooked and very quick service. Really impressed. Prices were very reasonable and I asked for quick service as was going out and it arrived in no time at all.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Visited on a quiet Monday evening and had excellent crab pate followed by the most delicious liver and bacon.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Stayed one night here on way to Weymouth. The room was beautifully decorated and furnished as was the bathroom. Excellent menu and food delicious. Real ales available. Informal atmosphere and every staff member without exception made us feel welcome and that they cared about our comfort.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Very comfortable hotel....Lovely refurbished rooms ...Wonderful staff ...the food was excellent...the beers perfect........Ideal location......Although my room was over the main bar area there was very little noise if any...The owner Paul even cooked breakfast ( which was beautiful ) especially early for me..!..highly recommended ..well done to all...

1  Thank djkleiny
Reviewed 26 August 2017

This is a very nice pub, nearly 300 years old, and has a good reputation locally. It has a great location right in the town centre, near the market cross, and will soon be the only pub in town as the other one in the town centre is closing down in September. The Swan has a welcoming bar area when you first walk in, a separate dining area, and a nice outdoor courtyard, so there is plenty of room and choice of where to sit. My sister and brother, who live locally, wanted to take me for lunch there last Monday, but after we had selected a table and I went up to the bar to order drinks, we were told that the kitchen is closed on Mondays! We were surprised since Monday is market day in Sturminster, with some of the market stalls right outside the pub. I do understand that the kitchen crew need a day off, but maybe market day is not the best day for this? Hope to get back there soon and renew some more memories.