“Calm holiday space”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Rosa Cottage

Living room with  woodburning stove
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living room with  woodburning stove
Portland Jurassic coast
Enter a caption for your photo
the famous Portland Bill
Portland Bill
Chesil Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Julia P
Shropshire
“Not great”
Reviewed 1 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

My family stayed here over Xmas. I had been advised that it had been nicely festively decorated. The result a fiberoptic Christmas tree and a few small objects. Which was disappointing when I had advised owner we had young children and wanted it to be special. The house wasn't very clean when we arrived under the furniture and Mat with dog hair and dust which isn't good with a baby who picks everything up. The tv was small for the room and free view signal was poor and resulted in normal programmes being unwatchable. Dinning room was good size and light. Kitchen was adequate but cooker takes a while to cook a decent size piece of meat. Washing machine and clothes airer are very handy. Bedrooms were OK size and beds comfortable. Bathroom was OK apart from no window blind, even though the glass is patterned isn't great when it's over looked and the toilet is right next to the window. We had a problem with the hot water when in the shower! I emailed owner with regards to some issues and had no reply and no answer on number in book. There is no where to put fire ashes and one metal bin for general waste and a small bin for bottles/plastic. The car parking is hit and miss and the free car park fills up quickly. It's convenient for beach and local shop. There are alot of steps in the house as areas on different levels and stairs are slippy. It's cosy with the log fire and neighbours are friendly.

Management Response
1 Jan 2018
Dear Julia, sorry to read this review, I don't often get such a damning one! To address your comments, the house was over the top decorated for xmas in my opinion. Yes, you were advised it was an artificial tree, and also heavily decorated for xmas in dining room with fairy lights and expensive decorations, no tinsels. The cottage was thoroughly clean before you arrived, both by me a few days in advance, and my cleaner on the day of arrival. There were no dog hairs when you arrived, but sorry to say you left plenty behind after your own dog. It was floating with dog hairs after your own dog, so a difficult clean up job.

You were told in advance I was away at xmas, but could contact me by email or text, which you did, and I responded to within an hour! TV works fine, it is checked every week, and I don't need blinds in bathroom as it's not overlooked and has frosted glass. Cooker is a Bosch so expensive, and I've never had any complaints before. Property does not come with private parking, which is reflected in the price. £85 a night in high season for 2 adults, 2 kids, and an infant and a hairy dog is cheap in our area. Your are never more than 2 min walk away from free parking, I live just up the road so I know. Perhaps go for a more expensive property next time, I suggest I offer excellent value for money in a beautiful, charming old cottage with all you need for a week or two away. Glad you enjoyed all the logs and wine I left you too.
Mrs Nicky...
“Calm holiday space”
Reviewed 20 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Lovely cottage, warm and welcoming in style with all necessary amenities for a comfortable relaxed stay. Plenty of space for our family, generous sofas in lounge and comfy beds. Loved the fact of Chesil Beach just a short stroll away, which has an excellent pub (great food good atmosphere). Would recommend Rosa Cottage and Portland in general for families who would like some time out to breathe and enjoy the natural coast.

Adventure...
“Lovely cottage everything you need”
Reviewed 4 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Lovely cottage, surprisingly quiet area as a lot of houses a round. Weymouth only 5miles away which has beautiful beach and lots of places to eat. The sea life centre in Weymouth very good and the 9 hole golf on the same complex good value. Our only issue was parking at the house we didn't come back till later in the evening which made it difficult we did find a space a few streets away on the nights we couldn't park.we did have a lovely time and would go again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed 6 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

RKC987
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Warm and comfortable cottage”
Reviewed 12 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Warm and comfortable cottage. Everthing you need in an ideal location. Would use again if in the area

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing