“Birthday party”

Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

Fantastic afternoon spent at Stock Hill for my 50th birthday with my family. The food was excellent, the wine was great, and Nita our host was simply superb (as was the other waitress but I didn't catch her name)
Thoroughly enjoyed the day and would recommend Stock Hill to one and all.
Thanks Nita and Peter

1  Thank Pablofingers

Reviewed 26 May 2015

We were taken by friends as a treat. Lovely building and situation. The food was variable. Specialises in Austrian dishes, the herring starter was good. the "Russian smoked salmon was a boiled egg on Russian salad dressed with two minute pieces of salmon, tasty but a slight misnomer! I had grilled tuna steak in parsley and herb butter. I could hardly eat the tuna it seemed as if it had been defrosted too fast and was like chewing cotton wool. Because friends were paying it was very difficult to complain. The deserts were delicious and the wines excellent if pricey. The service was a little overbearing and fussy.

Reviewed 16 March 2015

Treated to a wonderful Mothers day lunch at Stock Hill. The setting was beautiful and the meal perfect. Peter Hauser is a wonderful chef and his wife ensured we felt completely spoilt. I cant believe we have lived here for 9 years and never visited. Oh how that has now changed. Can't wait to walk down the lane and visit again.

1  Thank Icely-Brown
Reviewed 18 February 2015

my husband and I and two friends went here in October 2014.The food was divine, service excellent, with warm welcome, and the location and décor beautiful,,,,little bit more expensive , but well worth it,

2  Thank Margaret W
Reviewed 6 December 2014 via mobile

We had a fabulous lunch at Stockhill, the food and presentation was outstanding.

The service was great, if not a little strict. My friend and I were having a good old girlie catch up on our way to a yoga weekend, so we were very chatty and bubbly, the restaurant wasn't busy and we were the only customers for quite some time - which made us feel a bit loud and self conscious- once the other table had arrived it got a little better but we always had the feeling that we were going to get told off!

1  Thank Marisa P