“Lunch at Stockhill”

Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2014 via mobile

We had a fabulous lunch at Stockhill, the food and presentation was outstanding.

The service was great, if not a little strict. My friend and I were having a good old girlie catch up on our way to a yoga weekend, so we were very chatty and bubbly, the restaurant wasn't busy and we were the only customers for quite some time - which made us feel a bit loud and self conscious- once the other table had arrived it got a little better but we always had the feeling that we were going to get told off!

1  Thank Marisa P

Reviewed 13 November 2014 via mobile

Overall the restaurant here is great. The food was wonderful. Very high quality. Fancy but not pretentious. The restaurant atmosphere and service however will not suit everyone. The owners are fantastic at the jobs but if you go here you must expect an atmosphere that some may find a bit stuffy. I wouldn't take my children for example. Infact I went with my grandma (in her 80s) and it was perfect. I hope you know what I mean. It is lovely, the food is really good and the owners are lovely but it's not somewhere you would go for a quick, relaxed evening meal :-)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We are very fortunate to be able to dine out at superb dinning establishments and Stock Hill Country house is one of these. Nita welcomed us back to her "home" and we sat down to our drinks in a small lounge while looking at the menus. Peter had not let's us down with the selection that he gave us, starters were outstanding, we had squid, goats cheese and chicken liver pate.
Mains consisted of Lemon Sole wrapped around salmon , we also had the aged land and the pork medallion all so delicious and superbly presented.
How we managed our deserts after all those stunning meals and such attentive , yet attentive service, I cannot say, yet we did all delicious parfait, cream caramel and chocolate mouse. These were all finished with Irish coffee and a huge pot of coffee. One outstanding aspect is the service and the different plates for each meal, makes this a wonderful experience. Watch out for the rabbits and brown fox in the sprawling gardens.Really worth putting on your list to visit.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Had lunch here today, somewhat like taking a trip down memory lane! We are foodies and eat at top restaurants, some Michelin, whenever we can afford to. Food, service, and presentation were all excellent. No "bits and pieces" on the plates......just simple stuff, as the menu indicates. Perfectly cooked food, delicious pre-starter of white Stilton soup, bread seemed to have just arrived from Paris. Very small dining room, just 4 tables, exquisite. One of the Austrian specialities was chicken breast in a parmesan crust with the chicken juice. So simple, nothing fussy, the tenderest chicken ever, and a selection of simply boiled vegetables. Sadly we did not have room for desserts........had too much bread!

Don't go here if you expect Michelin-style presentation. But DO go for the reasons I mentioned above.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

What a find, a lovely country house in a wonderful peaceful setting.We came for lunch,our first visit. A warm and welcoming host-Nita. The food was exceptional and not to be faulted. The service equally so. Everything run with precision, a truly unforgettable experience. We are looking forward to Christmas Eve.